RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Aug 05 Contest (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/11189-aug-05-contest.html)

T Paul 07-31-2005 08:40 PM

Aug 05 Contest

Advertising Retouch Challenge

This monthís challenge has several distractions that need to be removed as well as some general retouching to improve tone and contrast. The goal is to download the photo and clean it up so it could be used as a poster. You do not have to add type, just concentrate on the image.

File:
Click here to download the file
Make sure you download the high resolution file.

Photo from MorgueFile by bcalhoon
THE PRIZE for this monthís contest is donated by Sams Publishing, a copy of How to Use Photoshop CS2 by Daniel Giordan (updated by our very own Doug Nelson).

Some things to think about: Removing background clutter/distractions, changing the background, adding motion, cropping, improving the lighting and tone and so on.

THE RULES:

1. Contest will run from 1 Aug to 24 Aug 2005. Deadline for entries is 5pm EDT 24 Aug 2005.

2. Image should retain photo quality.

3. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

4. Your final image size should be as close to 800 px on the long side and 600 px on the short side as possible. Also remember that the file cannot be larger than 100KB.

5. Post your entries to this thread. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Aug 05 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

6. Only one entry per person.

7. Voting will run from 25 Aug to 31 Aug 2005. Only those with entries may vote. You will vote for the 5 best entries in order. This time, PM me with your votes starting 25 Aug. Note you cannot vote for your own image.

Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged.

Note: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter

chrishoggy 08-02-2005 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I would give this my design touch :bigthmb:
Copyrights:
Windows Vista-Microsoft
Dell Logo-Dell
Background Image-chrishoggy

Shalford 08-02-2005 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hadn't got a clue what to do !

Oh well here's mine

Racc Iria 08-02-2005 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
With a solid rocket booster and all-wheel drive thrusters, Brewster's car wasn't exactly street legal.

I'm sure it's not perfect, but it sure was fun making this!

--Racc

Gary Richardson 08-03-2005 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my entry.

Swampy 08-03-2005 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My first contest entry...be gentle

swampy

This is a corrected version.. Porche? Porsche? Thanks, Steve for the catch.

Joao 08-03-2005 02:14 PM

Joao

1 Attachment(s)
Lot's of fun doing this!

--Jo„ű

Dreamypix 08-03-2005 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't help myself on this one. Super fun! I'm not sure if this classifies as photorealistic or not, but I have to plan my son's 2nd birthday party so I don't have time to redo it. Good luck everyone!

~Amber~

Doug Colwell 08-03-2005 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Redneck version.

PhotoB 08-04-2005 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my entry. First time doing a challenge and first time uploading a picture, so I hope I do this right...