Aug 05 Contest
This month’s challenge has several distractions that need to be removed as well as some general retouching to improve tone and contrast. The goal is to download the photo and clean it up so it could be used as a poster. You do not have to add type, just concentrate on the image.
Click here to download the file
Make sure you download the high resolution file.THE PRIZE for this month’s contest is donated by Sams Publishing, a copy of How to Use Photoshop CS2 by Daniel Giordan (updated by our very own Doug Nelson).
Some things to think about: Removing background clutter/distractions, changing the background, adding motion, cropping, improving the lighting and tone and so on.
1. Contest will run from 1 Aug to 24 Aug 2005. Deadline for entries is 5pm EDT 24 Aug 2005.
2. Image should retain photo quality.
3. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.
4. Your final image size should be as close to 800 px on the long side and 600 px on the short side as possible. Also remember that the file cannot be larger than 100KB.
5. Post your entries to this thread. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Aug 05 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. Voting will run from 25 Aug to 31 Aug 2005. Only those with entries may vote. You will vote for the 5 best entries in order. This time, PM me with your votes starting 25 Aug. Note you cannot vote for your own image.
Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged.
Note: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter
Hadn't got a clue what to do !
Oh well here's mine
Last edited by Shalford; 08-08-2005 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Enhancements, I checked first.
With a solid rocket booster and all-wheel drive thrusters, Brewster's car wasn't exactly street legal.
I'm sure it's not perfect, but it sure was fun making this!
My first contest entry...be gentle
This is a corrected version.. Porche? Porsche? Thanks, Steve for the catch.
Last edited by Swampy; 08-07-2005 at 09:23 AM.
I couldn't help myself on this one. Super fun! I'm not sure if this classifies as photorealistic or not, but I have to plan my son's 2nd birthday party so I don't have time to redo it. Good luck everyone!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Aug 07 Contest Discussion||T Paul||Contests||83||09-02-2007 05:40 PM|
|Aug 07 Contest||T Paul||Contests||67||09-01-2007 11:54 AM|
|May 06 Contest||T Paul||Contests||72||05-31-2006 04:45 PM|
|Aug 05 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||6||08-31-2005 05:37 PM|
|March 05 Contest Entries||T Paul||Contests||47||06-30-2005 04:44 PM|