RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Sep 05 Contest Discussion (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/11438-sep-05-contest-discussion.html)

T Paul 08-31-2005 05:45 PM

Sep 05 Contest Discussion

Add your comments, questions or general discussion about the Sep Contest entries as well as the contest itself here. This is also a great place to share your techniques or ask others about theirs.

Loverly 08-31-2005 07:08 PM

When I tried to open the Tiff file it opened with Quicktime and wasn't savable.
Is it a lot larger than the jpeg or are the about the same size just a different format?

Loverly

T Paul 08-31-2005 07:24 PM

The best way to download the images is by rightclicking (or Cmd/Ctrl clicking) on the link and using "Save Target As".

Dreamypix 08-31-2005 10:09 PM

Torture testing

What did we ever do to you Doug!?! Wow, this has the be the ultimate challenge. I am curious to see what the results will be. I have never done an Oil painting before. Does anyone have any links to some good tutorials so I can get an idea of how to achieve an oil painting? Thanks!

~Amber~

Craig Walters 09-01-2005 12:07 AM

now, if i can just find that script for auto-cleaning/restoring.....

definitely sadistic, doug ;)

Craig

byRo 09-01-2005 06:20 AM

I've been sitting out the challenges - but this one, you can count me in!
This is going to be real interesting. :classic:

NancyJ 09-01-2005 07:20 AM

oh boy! I've got a long weekend booked in for this one ;)

fpellerin 09-01-2005 07:56 AM

Simply sadistic

Wow,

there's a few hours work! I must be masochistic 'cause I have to try it!

suchyy 09-01-2005 01:54 PM

I like this one, and i will surely take part in this competition.

Craig Walters 09-01-2005 02:08 PM

well, if Ro's in then i'm out. no way to compete with him :) (just kidding).

but, i do have one small suggestion here. not all of us use photoshop. thus, books on how to use photoshop arent really much of an incentive as a prize to me. now, i dont really enter these to win the prize; i just enjoy the challenge. but, it might make a bit more sense to have something that could be used by ALL the contestants.

frankly, i'm a little embarrassed even bringing this up. i mean, it's a free prize and we're not paying to enter the contest or anything; it's done purely out of the generosity of the moderators, and probably mostly doug. but, the simple logic of it bugs me a bit. and it's not like i've even been a close contender in any of these, but if i were the only one to enter and thus maybe win (no guarantees even if i were the only one to enter since i cant vote for myself :) ), it might be nice to have a prize i would actually make use of.

maybe a plugin that works for all PS type plugin applications, or a retouchpro t-shirt or something that everyone who won could use?

please, i really DO appreciate that there's even any prize at all, and i'd enter most of them even if there werent. but it would just make a bit more sense to me that the winner would actually make use of any prize given, a new car, a trip to the caribbean, a weekend in vegas.... ;)

and doug, thank you for doing all that you do. we love this place.

Craig