RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Sep 05 Contest (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/11440-sep-05-contest.html)

T Paul 08-31-2005 04:55 PM

Sep 05 Contest

This monthís contest is quite the challenge (Doug picked this one out ;) ).

Directions:
Restore and turn the file into full-color oil painting.

File:
Unidentified man, half-length portrait, facing left, wearing spectacles

Click on the photo to activate the page with the higher resolution downloads.
Make sure you download the high resolution file.

The best way to download the images is by rightclicking (or Cmd/Ctrl clicking) on the link and using "Save Target As".

THE PRIZE
Steve Caplin's "How to Cheat in Photoshop", updated for Photoshop CS2, donated by Focal Press.

THE RULES:

1. Contest will run from 1 Sep to 23 Sep 2005. Deadline for entries is 6pm EDT 23 Sep 2005.

2. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

3. Your final image size should be as close to 800 px on the long side and 600 px on the short side as possible. Also remember that the file cannot be larger than 100KB.

4. Post your entries to this thread. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Sep 05 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

5. Only one entry per person.

6. Voting will run from 24 Sep to 30 Sep 2005. Only those with entries may vote. You will vote for the 5 best entries in order. Post your votes in the following thread (Sep 05 Contest Votes). Note you cannot vote for your own image.

Please donít forget to post your entry/comment/vote to the correct thread--there will be three!! Posts made to the incorrect thread will be deleted.

Entries: Sep 05 Contest Entries

Discussion: Sep 05 Contest Discussion

Votes: Sep 05 Contest Votes

Note: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter

PhotoB 09-02-2005 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:D Looks like I'm first! Gee- can you tell I've had nothing better to do today?! :tongue:

image updated 9/6- made full color per the rules :blush:

Cassidy 09-03-2005 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow marathon stuff

Loverly 09-04-2005 07:05 AM

Loverly's Painted Man Entry

1 Attachment(s)
Ok,
This was the hardest thing I have ever done in PS! :glasses: Was like a big puzzle/maze to get through all the steps and in no way can I list them! It was mostly just painting in all the missing parts with a roller ball. (gotta get a Wacom tablet soon!) I did however have some body part donners! The hair is my son's, the eyes are my daughters and his ear is my brother in law's! LOL :lol:

Hugs!

Loverly

newtonwayne 09-05-2005 04:39 PM

newtonwayne

1 Attachment(s)
Started from scratch Do over the forth time sorry :confused:

Doug Colwell 09-06-2005 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Our Founder.

Sean2 09-07-2005 03:44 PM

Dark Oil

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my effort - left it relatively dark as it has the appearances of an old picture / now old oil,

Sean

Lorraine 09-08-2005 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Doug, for picking this one out :classic:

My worst problem was trying to figure out his age and then contouring his face to bring out age lines, etc.

Lorraine

kiska 09-09-2005 03:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alrighty then. Here's 'Ole Blue'.

fembot 09-09-2005 03:57 AM

Hard work...

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my effort.

Fembot