Sep 05 Contest
Restore and turn the file into full-color oil painting.
Unidentified man, half-length portrait, facing left, wearing spectacles
Click on the photo to activate the page with the higher resolution downloads.
Make sure you download the high resolution file.
The best way to download the images is by rightclicking (or Cmd/Ctrl clicking) on the link and using "Save Target As".
Steve Caplin's "How to Cheat in Photoshop", updated for Photoshop CS2, donated by Focal Press.
1. Contest will run from 1 Sep to 23 Sep 2005. Deadline for entries is 6pm EDT 23 Sep 2005.
2. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.
3. Your final image size should be as close to 800 px on the long side and 600 px on the short side as possible. Also remember that the file cannot be larger than 100KB.
4. Post your entries to this thread. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Sep 05 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. Voting will run from 24 Sep to 30 Sep 2005. Only those with entries may vote. You will vote for the 5 best entries in order. Post your votes in the following thread (Sep 05 Contest Votes). Note you cannot vote for your own image.
Please don’t forget to post your entry/comment/vote to the correct thread--there will be three!! Posts made to the incorrect thread will be deleted.
Entries: Sep 05 Contest Entries
Discussion: Sep 05 Contest Discussion
Votes: Sep 05 Contest Votes
Note: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter
Last edited by T Paul; 08-31-2005 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Add Save Target As tip
Looks like I'm first! Gee- can you tell I've had nothing better to do today?!
image updated 9/6- made full color per the rules
Last edited by PhotoB; 09-07-2005 at 07:26 AM.
Loverly's Painted Man Entry
This was the hardest thing I have ever done in PS! Was like a big puzzle/maze to get through all the steps and in no way can I list them! It was mostly just painting in all the missing parts with a roller ball. (gotta get a Wacom tablet soon!) I did however have some body part donners! The hair is my son's, the eyes are my daughters and his ear is my brother in law's! LOL
Started from scratch Do over the forth time sorry
Last edited by newtonwayne; 09-11-2005 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Lost his likeness
Thanks, Doug, for picking this one out
My worst problem was trying to figure out his age and then contouring his face to bring out age lines, etc.
Last edited by Lorraine; 09-08-2005 at 03:51 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sep 07 Contest Discussion||T Paul||Contests||60||10-03-2007 03:06 PM|
|Sep 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||43||10-01-2007 03:26 PM|
|Sep 07 Contest||T Paul||Contests||62||10-01-2007 03:25 PM|
|Sep 05 Contest Discussion||T Paul||Contests||158||10-05-2005 03:12 AM|
|Sep 05 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||22||10-01-2005 09:27 AM|