RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!

Oct 05 Contest Discussion

Old 10-25-2005, 09:44 PM

Wink

well........ I think all this BS'in about the rules is a total waste of good energy that could be used to further your abilities instead of trying to figure out what the stupid rules mean that aren't even followed in the first place! So it all doesn't really matter anyway does it?!

hugs!
Loverly
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2005, 10:21 PM

well I didn't really follow the rules ... and I don't expect to get votes and win either ... but I am selfish, the time I spend on retouchpro is for fun and learning and helping out (probably in that order ) ... so I enter what I was inspired to do anyway. One of these times I will do something that just so happens to follow the rules and it will be be pretty good and everyone will feel I did a good job following the rules and maybe even get a few votes ... it will happen - I just know it will ...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2005, 08:03 PM

Man, I lose my internet connection for a few days and look what I come back too. Perhaps I should make the next contest “Guidelines” vs. “Rules”. Smile.

Well, it looks like every contest will create a “discussion,” but that’s not necessarily a bad thing... although I don’t want to chase people away. The goal here is to learn, motivate, and sharpen skills. Doug and I try to choose an assortment of themes to challenge a variety of skills. The purpose of the rules is to focus you in the right direction. Eventually...perhaps (no promises), things will get ironed out. I didn’t want to micromanage the rules too much, because I didn’t want to stifel someone’s creativity. However, it looks like November’s contest will most likely be very detailed in the rules section.

Basically remember this is for fun and try not to get too wound up. If you have concerns/questions that is what the discussion thread is for. Type away or PM me. If you are concerned about your approach to a contest, just ask. If you have a concern about someone’s entry, pose the concern in the discussion thread.

P.S.

T Paul is a she.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2005, 09:26 PM

Smile

yah know, I always thought T was a she ----- but then thought OK maybe I am wrong!

Good to know some times I am right! LOL

Great job T --- always a pleasure participating in the forum.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 PM

oh. lol. i always thought T was a man. i really gotta start paying more attention.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2005, 02:17 AM

Its probably the paul thing, Even if its a surname rather than a first name, it gives the name a male identity. Also women tend to be less offended by being assinged male gender than the other way around
Then again, it might not be her name at all... my name isnt Nancy
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2005, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafx
You know, rules, no rules it really doesn't matter too much for me. Everyone interprets things differently and that is the whole nature of things. I'm in it for the "flexing of the retouching muscles" If I get a vote or two, great, if not, oh well, I had fun and got to see many other talented people flex as well. Good stuff.
Very well said and I feel the same way.

While I try to go by the rules, I'm finding that my interpretation through my entries is not what appeals to the masses. I keep entering because I enjoy the work immensely, and I'm trying to improve as I learn from everyone else.

Lorraine

Last edited by Lorraine; 10-27-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2005, 05:47 AM

Wow Lorraine, thank you!!!

Got the giggles now...

I never thought i'd get picked, so much appreciate the mention!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2005, 05:49 AM

Art is not about going along with the masses, its about how you see art, if its totally different to the next person then you got good taste, for instance, i cannot do horror in the sense of false looking blood as in horror films, i just don't have that imagination, sad but my imagination wants people to look better not worse so i did kind of struggle with this one, now if it was my imagination was in words, i would be good at that!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2005, 03:30 PM

Legacy~Art,

Your intent came through loud and clear to me. You depicted "A woman's scorn goes wrong" perfectly.

You did a great job in destroying her skin, but still kept it so real looking. I have no idea how that's done. I wish I did.

I'm not into the goulish style either. I'm more the "Psycho" type. Reality is lot scarier than fiction.

Lorraine
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests