RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Oct 05 Contest Discussion (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/11686-oct-05-contest-discussion.html)

T Paul 09-30-2005 06:41 PM

Oct 05 Contest Discussion

Add your comments, questions or general discussion about the Oct Contest entries as well as the contest itself here. This is also a great place to share your techniques or ask others about theirs.

Caitlin 10-01-2005 06:21 PM

This one looks like it's going to be fun T Paul! I've got some ideas scooting through my head already!

Now... time for thee inevitable nit-picky question. When you say ""The goal is realism, so try to make your creation as realistic looking as possible", I'm assuming you mean the people, not the overal picture? Because I have some collage ideas, that in themselves are obviously not 'realistic' photos. And the Holoween theme seems to lend itself to photographic effects that you wouldn't descibe as realistic.

T Paul 10-01-2005 06:55 PM

When I say "realistic" I mean the people. Since some may choose to add parts to create their "monsters", I want to make sure that the "cut-n-paste" isn't obvious. So if you add features you will want to make sure you match the lighting, perspective and so on.

chrishoggy 10-04-2005 11:48 AM

I know this isn't part of the contest, but thought it was fun.
Click here to see

Craig Walters 10-07-2005 03:22 PM

been looking at the new contest entries.... you people are just warped ;) i love it :)

Craig

grafx 10-08-2005 09:59 AM

I reserve the right to use my powers both for good and evil :devious:

Marthig 10-08-2005 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrishoggy
I know this isn't part of the contest, but thought it was fun.Click here to see

:eek: scary !! and very well done Chris !! :bigthmb:
I am having a hard time ghoul-ing those two they are so nice looking I hate to disfigure pictures all the contrary, but well ... its all in the way of learning :wink:

Regards - :wavey: Martha

Craig Walters 10-09-2005 12:46 AM

chris,

nice morph!

i think we shld have a contest in the not too distant future on animations.

Craig

Marthig 10-09-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraellin
chris,
nice morph!
i think we shld have a contest in the not too distant future on animations.
Craig

Great idea Craig ! I second that :masked:
Though I know who is going to win ;)

Regards - Martha :wavey:

chrishoggy 10-09-2005 11:54 AM

Animated or interactive images in a contest would be gr8 fun. The problem is the file sizes. I suppose we could use one of the many free image hosts to upload the files to instead :D Not too bad for those of us with webspace to use/link to and on broadband, but may be a problem for those on dialup :o:
Still think it would be a fun contest though :D
Would also give good ideas/teachings on using tweening/animation in photoshop and other programs.