3) Bob Down
4) Peter S
5) K Shulz
almost, but not quite...Nurdant, Kraellin.
Congratulations to all who entered, and a big welcome to the newcomers.
I too am voting on skin tone, and as a mom myself (to a 15 month old), one that I'd be proud to display at my cubicle. I quickly ruled out those that cropped off the problem foot area, though the work on those deserve a hand as well.
1. kschulz- wonderful coloring and restore- the neck over the right shoulder almost put you lower though
2. lhines - the only thing that kept you lower was the foot treatment- hiding instead of re-creating, but at least you tackled it
3. nurdant - nicely done, but the recreated foot is too sharp compared to the rest of the baby
4. loverly - the foot looks "off" and the eyes are almost TOO sharp, but the coloring kept you in my top 5
5. mrtennet - way too much black used for a baby portrait, but I still like what you've done
Good work everyone! Was very difficult to choose!
Based my decisions on neck area, foot, and if the photo stayed looking like a photo and not necessarily the perfect colored skin.
I'm not going to say anything that was wrong with each of the photos because I feel like if there is something that bugged me about the photo then probably I should have picked someones elses that got that part right and not rewarded them with a vote! So I will keep my mouth shut! Not sure if that made sense or not. hee hee
This is my first contest.
I agree, very difficult choosing 5.
Even greater challenge retouching this one! Everyone should get a vote for getting that tie out, fixing that leg, and getting rid of those dots and splotches! No wonder phil left the country for a while!
1. kschulz - best overall - nice colors - quite sharp - nice balance.
2. chanchalbd - I loved the vibrant bkgnd color and image contrast.
3. photob - totally impressed that he went out and got his son's leg.
4. peth - great out of the box thinking - enjoyed the creativity - Flower?
5. lazze_gurra - liked the contrast of the image and the frame. Nice image.
Great job everyone.
Thanks for the Album Martha.
Choosing the top five was almost as hard as Restoring the picture.
Here are my top Five.
Sorry about my entry. My monitor had slipped out of calibration
1 - PeterS
2 - Kschulz
3 - Lorraine
4 - Baby_Roob
5 - baby_jgarazon
I evaluated based on the notion of having the print on my desk at the office. Getting the skin tone was very difficult and I thought these did the best job while staying within the size rules.
My vote is based on how I would like a photography of my own daughter to look.
That means, just what the eyes can see, and no technical aspect involved.
And this is what I came up with.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|June 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||12||06-30-2007 03:59 PM|
|Feb 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||16||02-27-2007 05:14 PM|
|Nov 06 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||14||12-01-2006 10:25 AM|
|Feb 06 Contest Votes||byRo||Contests||28||03-01-2006 07:15 AM|
|Nov 05 Contest||T Paul||Contests||45||11-30-2005 07:38 PM|