Nov 05 Contest
The challenge this month is to restore the photo so that it looks like a professional studio photo. This means a non-painted no-wacky-background something-a-dad/mom-would-put-on-his/her-desk-at-work portrait that actually tries to use the various retouching/restoring/compositing skills we try to promote here at RP". Questions?
Two versions are provided (8MB or a 1 MB)
Baby (8 MB file)
Baby_sm (1 MB file)
Photo donated by Phil (philbach)
The best way to download the images is by rightclicking (or Cmd/Ctrl clicking) on the link and using "Save Target As".
THE PRIZE A copy of Fluid Mask, donated by Vertus
1. Contest will run from 1 Nov to 23 Nov 2005. Deadline for entries is 6pm EST 23 Nov 2005.
2. This is not a Photo Art challenge. Keep the image as a photo.
3. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.
4. Your final image size should be as close to 800 px on the long side and 600 px on the short side as possible. Also remember that the file cannot be larger than 100KB.
5. Post your entries to this thread. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Nov 05 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. Voting will run from 24 Nov to 30 Nov 2005. Only those with entries may vote. You will vote for the 5 best entries in order.
Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged.
Note: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter
ok, here's an early entry as i'm going to be out of town later this week and may not get back in time. i will most likely change this at some point, but if i cant i'll just live with this one.
oh, and you need to include the actual deadline time, T. you've got the voting date, but not the cutoff for entry time.
edit: replaced my first with this current one. may happen yet again
Last edited by Craig Walters; 11-21-2005 at 06:13 PM.
Not really by bag (don't like baby pics), but had to enter so I can vote. Sorry Phil, not meant as a dig at your daughter, who's really cute, rather that I don't seem to get a handle on dealing with baby pics.
Last edited by Gary Richardson; 11-09-2005 at 03:27 PM.
Tried to keep the image integrity including the hairy furry background...
Last edited by Bob Down; 11-16-2005 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Rules clarified
Here's my entry and my first try at a contest. Used PSP9. Used clone tool for missing areas and addressed the color corrections using paintbrush in Legacy Color mode at 50%. Along with noise reducing filters and soften brush to remove scan dots.
Last edited by garazon; 11-11-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Here is my contribution to the Contest.
The first, but not the last !!
Last edited by lazze_gurra; 11-23-2005 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Because there was a few minutes left !
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Nov 06 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||14||12-01-2006 10:25 AM|
|Nov 06 Contest||T Paul||Contests||22||12-01-2006 10:21 AM|
|Missed the Deadline- Nov. Contest||lilsip||Critiques||2||11-26-2006 07:32 AM|
|Nov 05 Contest Discussion||T Paul||Contests||217||12-04-2005 02:02 PM|
|Nov 05 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||32||11-30-2005 07:37 PM|