RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Jan 06 Contest Discussion (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/12434-jan-06-contest-discussion.html)

byRo 01-01-2006 04:28 PM

Jan 06 Contest Discussion

Add your comments, questions or general discussion about the Jan 06 Contest entries as well as the contest itself here. This is also a great place to share your techniques or ask others about theirs.

Marthig 01-01-2006 11:04 PM

Good !! Nice surprise byRo, I am doubly glad, one that T-Paul is taking a well deserved vacation and that the "acting" mod for this month's contest will be you.

Happy New Year !! to you and the rest of the members that will start showing up soon I am sure. :) Hope you all had a good evening and without too much "fumes" to dissipate. :tongue:

See you later !

Regards - Martha :wavey:

P.S. I am starting my first steps in Illustrator, will it be allowed to use it ? (if I manage to understand it that is ) :dizzy:

Ian W 01-01-2006 11:44 PM

Is the 800 px wide and exactly 600 px high correct or should it be the other way round?

Ian

byRo 01-02-2006 03:39 AM

marthig, Hapy New Year to you and all members :classic: . Only the final image is important. You can use any tools you wish.

Ian, yes that is 800px wide, that is part of the "problem". Think of the image as being for the Web, not for print.

byRo 01-02-2006 03:57 AM

I must publicly apologize to Cassidy (I have done so in private) for clearing up an interpretation of the rules after the entry.

Althoug the wording "Glamour Retouch Showpiece" can be thought of as calling for a before/after shot, the idea is that the entry should be only the "after". OK?

chrishoggy 01-02-2006 05:36 AM

You say it's an easy challenge this time, but I don't think it is. The fixed size rule that will change the way the image looks, and fact that it is a good starting image, means it will make people look hard at what to change, crop and retouch.
The RetouchPro name in the image could also be something that can be artistically added, rather than just text stamped. So it's adding even more to the challenge. But I do undrstand that this may just be to protect the images in the long run.
Interesting contest, and one that has made me want to come back to entering the contests.

I like it :bigthmb: :bigthmb: :bigthmb:

byRo 01-02-2006 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrishoggy
You say it's an easy challenge this time

Actually I said it may seem easy (I know it ain't).

Fully agreed - the wording is another chance to use your imagination. (No problem with protection.)

Glad to see your back with us. :bigthmb: Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cassidy 01-02-2006 07:31 AM

So far I like the KISS principle, however maybe subject to change in the near future

garazon 01-02-2006 10:06 AM

looks like another great contest and I have a feeling that this may be one that is harder to judge than the last.

Wish I had seen the clarification a few hours ago on the before/after aspect :eek: I could have saved myself a few hours, lol
Oh well, at least I had the hard technical part done!

Happy new year to all.

Chester

chrishoggy 01-02-2006 03:36 PM

Yuk, don't know what happened to the skin on my entry when saving and uploading, but it sure has gone flat and fuzzy :idea: . Will have to sort that out later :lmao: