Jan 06 Contest
This may seem like the easiest challenge yet; instead of an old faded photo you start with a nice big clean portrait.
But like a writer looking at a blank piece of paper, or an artist starting with a blank canvas - what you make of it is up to you!
Two versions are provided (1.7MB or 210K )
Many thanks to Rodrigo Fonseca at Stock Exchange for allowing us to use this image.
THE PRIZE A copy of Color
Management for Photographers donated by Focal Press
1. Contest will run from 1 Jan to 23 Jan 2006. Deadline for entries is 6pm GMT 23 Jan 2006.
2. This is a Glamour Retouch Showpiece. You should use the image as a base, but you may make any alterations you like to arrive at a perfect "glamour" result. The final image must also contain the word "RetouchPRO". (Clarification - do not post before/after shots, just the äfter").
3. Your final image size must be exactly 800 px wide and exactly 600 px high. Other sizes will be disqualified. Also remember that the file cannot be larger than 100KB.
4. When you submit your entry put your username and the contest date in the filename (ie: byRo-Jan06.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what - important when it comes time to vote.
5. Post your entries to this thread. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Jan 06 Contest Discussion thread . Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. Voting will run from 24 Jan to 31 Jan 2006. Only those with entries may vote. You will vote for the 5 best entries in order.
Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged.
Note: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter
Last edited by byRo; 01-02-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Just the ticket in the cool change, after a 43c day (or 109.4 for those familiar with farenheit).
Trying to read the interpretation and trying to read the conditions correctly, as this is a "Glamour Retouch Showpiece" and observing the 800w x 600d, (would have been a cinch at 600w x 800h) this is what I have come up with.
Think I like the KISS principle
Last edited by Cassidy; 01-13-2006 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Reduction of some shadow
A little more makeup.
Lettering thanks to Microsoft Word Text Effects, otherwise, all done in GIMP.
Thanks to an angel who's looking out for me, I'm resubmitting my image to meet spec. I prefer image quality over logical image presentation and I stand by this edit. Thanks again Cassidy.
Last edited by lkroll; 01-06-2006 at 06:52 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Jan 07 Contest||T Paul||Contests||28||01-31-2007 09:35 PM|
|Jan 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||19||01-31-2007 09:30 PM|
|Jan 06 Contest Discussion||byRo||Contests||62||02-02-2006 05:36 PM|
|Jan 06 Contest Votes||byRo||Contests||25||01-31-2006 06:09 PM|
|March 05 Contest Entries||T Paul||Contests||47||06-30-2005 04:44 PM|