RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!

Apr 06 Contest Discussion

Old 04-01-2006, 04:30 PM

By non-glamour retouching, I am hoping to see more natural retouching and subtle changes verses high level changes such as digital plastic surgery and fashion model make-up.

Slight Changes such as red eye removal, color/tone corrections, removing or smoothing lines and wrinkles, whitening whites, removing fly-away hair, blemish removal, slight skin smoothing, removing dark circles under eyes, hiding bra straps and such. These are slight changes that if done the person would still be recognizable as that person.

Higher level changes that would qualify more as glamour retouching would be digital plastic surgery where you really alter a person. Examples of this would be changing features such as shrinking a nose, reshaping lips, removing body weight, changing hair color/eye color, adding extensive make-up, hair extensions and so on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2006, 04:37 PM

Thanks

Think I've got it now... more challenging than it looks in a way... could be another close one!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2006, 09:23 AM

I'd just like to say that they chose this picture because it didn't 'capture my natural prettiness' (well others were rejected because they did, apparently).

So be nice when you pick on my bra straps and spots, people! I was told to eat french fries before snapping!!!! Those spots are on purpose!!!!! lol
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 AM

oh I forgot to ask am I ineligible to enter?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2006, 01:20 PM

Hi there Aylaah

I'd love to see your entry and thankyou for being so brave as to post a pic of yourself for us all to do our worst on! Can't as I'd pluck up the courage. Damn those french fries!!!

This is a really interesting task. In explaining the job at hand to my wife I think I solved it for myself. I tried to think of the scenario where someone would want to retouch this pic and came up with the idea that if it were a 'real' job, it might have been because there was only one picture taken of you when you were 16, 17 or 18 (for arguement's sake) and you didn't want to remember yourself quite in that way.

With that in mind I thought if you hadn't just had a camera shoved in your face and had you had a little time to do your hair nicely and splash on a bit of lippy etc, then that's what your retouch should look like.

So that's what I'm doing.. or trying to do anyway. As always I'm learning so plz forgive me if the results don't turn out quite right!

Onya girl.

Peth
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2006, 11:54 PM

I think your description sounds good - trying to make the 'only' photo more flattering, as if it were better set up/lighted etc, a good photo of the same subject.

Will I take the compliment on the age range you offered? LOL This is me last week, at 24 lol It was about 3am however!

I guess, seeing as I'm here and all, in my opinion when I have a look at what you all do, I'll be judging based on 'does that still look like me', and knowing me I guess I have a better idea of what I *can* look like if I bother, lol.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2006, 09:44 AM

I love the idea to retouch a member's pic, really, I was wondering if could be possible just for fun to make a challenge to retouch our own photo, it could be fun.

Ok, I'll ask my female coworker to remove your bra strips, that way I will not get close to that area to respect
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2006, 09:50 AM

Hi aylaah...I was just wondering if you want the bra in or out of the picture?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2006, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylaah
I think your description sounds good - trying to make the 'only' photo more flattering, as if it were better set up/lighted etc, a good photo of the same subject.

Will I take the compliment on the age range you offered? LOL This is me last week, at 24 lol It was about 3am however!

I guess, seeing as I'm here and all, in my opinion when I have a look at what you all do, I'll be judging based on 'does that still look like me', and knowing me I guess I have a better idea of what I *can* look like if I bother, lol.
wow, you're older than me (just)
Alas, mother nature has not been so kind to me
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2006, 11:45 AM

Remember to name your entries correctly

Hey guys, I just noticed that there are a few entries that haven't got the member names as the file names. You may want to edit and reload your files to make the voting process easier... by the looks, it's gonna be hard enough as it is!!! For instance, if you call your entry Aylaah I'm might give the votes to Aylaah instead of you!

Hooroo for now,

Peth
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests