Kudos to InfiniteMonkey on a great manipulation.
Used T Paul's explanation (post #11 ) of non-glamour retouching as my guide . Here are my votes---
3. Gary Richardson
Wonderful to see so many variations on a theme. I can't wait to see what aylaah thinks of it all. I know some people have mentioned how difficult it was to know where to stop, but I still think it was interesting to see people using their imaginations to see how far they could push things and yet still justify their enterpretation of the brief, myself included.
With "The goal is to just make it more flattering while keeping the snapshot look" as my guide, these are my votes, with honourable mentions to follow.
1. Bella - for my money the simplest most effective retouch. No bells and whistles, just nice, understated and empathetic to the subject matter.
2. Gigadels - again, a very fine piece of work. Contrast a little too high for my liking and suffered excessively from jpeg artefacting, which although not a criticism of Gigadels skills, unfortunately did detract fro the image.
3. OnAir - I've noticed several people crying about entrants who have chosen to change the background. Personally I really don't see what the problem is. The brief was to enhance the image and if changing the colour of the background enhances the image, why not? Some took the premise a little too far and comped in other images, which is still ok, as long as the perspective and lighting is consistent, unfortunately few entrants were able to mask the images effectively and the end result just wasn't convincing enough.
Anyway.... I'm going off on a tangent again. Nice retouch Onair, Love the background colour and the overall effect. A little too much noise for my liking, but still very effective.
4. Dcolwell - Nice to see someone else using their initiative to play with the Snapshot theme. Very effective, although it does look like she has mans hands, so I'm not convinced she'll be too happy with this one. Don't think you needed to invert the alternate frames either. Still, nice work on improving her overall complexion.
5. Lonk - Loved the overall effect, only let down by the masking on her hair which looks blurred and unfortunately ruins what would otherwise have been an excellent enterpretation. Be interested to hear what aylaah thinks about the dress!
Honourable mentions go to HannibalVector, with a fantastic, if overenthusiastic effort and RetroRetouch with an interesting and effective slant on the snapshot theme.
Over to you Aylaah...
GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!
I was interesting to see everyones take on it. I can tell I am in the presense of retouching greatness...
1. Soleah - Her over all skin tone is very good. I like the way you gave her a little makeup without going over the top. I find that very hard to accomplish.
2. Aceman - Very nice skintone and overall cleanup. I would have fixed her strap issue however.
3. BobJones - Great skintone and good job on the hair. Noticed an area on her right lower cheek however that looks a little off.
4. NJ_Shadow - I liked that you removed the frizziness of her hair but kept the overall shape, so it still looks thrown back. Skintone looks just the slightest bit on the orangy side.
5. Artfolio - Good job on hair. Skintone seems a little orangy, and I don't think I would have chopped off the top of her head. However I am very drawn to her eyes.
since i am in the middle of shifting house & going on leave, I'll make my post quick and short...
Been back and forth, and over and over, all of the great entries. Finally I chose the ones I thought best kept the original snapshot feeling and had the best skin texture and tones.
1. Bob Jones
3. Very Weird
This was hard I almost entertained the idea of skipping voting but taht would not be fair. In the end I tried to choose the more natural ones but I slipped in a cpl of exceptions I had also thinned the face so let that slide a little as long as it kept close to the original.
1. bella - light touch accurate work that's what topped it.
2. Veryweird - nearly put first love the work , eyes and skin great straps not as clean.
3. kvk - love it I think you may have inspired hannibal be nice if you left more of the hair
4. BobJones - Loved it clear sharp, took a little too much hair away.
5. HannibalVector - very captivating draws me to look like the hair is left could be less highlights
Had to mention: cybercat, nice natural bright, I did a similar move I guess we went too bright.
maddymaba, good job, natural, got rid of highlights, kept the straps and background which I actually prefer more realistic but the overall image needed to have more snap probably benefit from scaling down a bit.
gigadals - very natural again light touches but I felt some of the highlights could be done and a little sharpen. I agree looking at mine now it is a little overdone.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Apr 07 Contest||T Paul||Contests||35||04-30-2007 08:25 PM|
|Apr 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||18||04-30-2007 08:22 PM|
|Feb 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||16||02-27-2007 05:14 PM|
|Apr 06 Contest||T Paul||Contests||76||05-01-2006 05:20 PM|