RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Contest FAQs (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/13446-contest-faqs.html)

T Paul 04-27-2006 05:18 PM

Contest FAQs

Starting this thread to try and reduce answering the same questions over and over again. :)

T Paul 05-01-2006 05:24 PM

How are the votes calculated?

5 points for each first place vote,
4 points for each second place vote,
3 points for each third place vote,
2 points for each fourth place vote,
1 point for each fifth place vote

T Paul 05-01-2006 05:24 PM

What happens in a tie for first?

The tie breaker is determined by who has the most first place votes. If it is a tie again, then we will look at who has the most second place votes and so on until a winner is determined.

In the event that the tie cannot be broken, the forum moderators will vote to determine the winner.

T Paul 05-01-2006 05:25 PM

Anonymous Entries

Why can't entries be kept anonymous until after the voting?

Many reasons, with the main one being that the current forum software just doesn't support it.

T Paul 05-01-2006 05:26 PM

Why Not Use The Gallery?

Why canít the thumbnails be placed in the gallery for easier viewing?

The gallery software is completely different software from the forum and does not support the moderating function.

T Paul 05-01-2006 05:27 PM

Can I change my entry?

You can change your entry until the end of the contest.

Note you are not allowed more than one entry so you will have to replace your original entry or delete it. If there are more than one entry for a person at the end of a contest, all entries for that person will be disqualified.

T Paul 05-01-2006 05:28 PM

Can I change my votes?

Once you submit your votes you are not allowed to change them. The votes are tallied as them come in so any changes in the votes may not be reflected in the final results.

T Paul 05-01-2006 05:29 PM

Can I vote if I donít enter the contest?

If you did not enter the contest, you are not allowed to vote in the voting thread to determine the winner, but you are more than welcome to submit your comments to the contest discussion thread.

T Paul 05-01-2006 05:30 PM

Definitions:

retouch
1.To add new details or touches to for correction or improvement (i.e. color and tone correction).
2.To improve or change (a photographic negative or print), as by adding minor details (i.e. highlights in eyes) or removing flaws (i.e. blemishes, cracks, tears).

restore
To bring back to an original condition: restore a photo.

manipulation
Changing the look of a photo by adding or deleting elements to it, and/or altering existing elements (i.e. shrinking a nose, removing a person)

photo art
Changing the appearance of a photo to look like it was created in an art medium such as oil, watercolor, pencil, charcoal, crayon and so on.

T Paul 05-03-2006 05:26 PM

Resizing and Attaching Images

These threads should help those having trouble attaching and/or resizing images...

Attaching Files or Images to Threads or Posts

Resizing Images