May 06 Contest
The client: A mother has brought you this photo of her daughter and wants it turned into a graphite pencil sketch.
This month the challenge is to turn the provided photo into a digital graphite pencil (grey tones not color) sketch on white paper.
You will be judging which entry is the best digital pencil sketch.
Please take the time to read the rules carefully to avoid your entry from being disqualified-- such as not putting your name in the file, or submitting a background with a color when the rules call for a white background. I will PM and post a warning in the Contest Discussion Thread to those not meeting the rules — so you might want to review it every so often. One draw back is that those that submit their entries at the very last moment might not have enough time to change them, so be sure to read the rules carefully. Once the contest deadline is up...the contest is over.
outdoors3.jpg - 371 KB
Special thanks to Anita Patterson for the photo use. If you would like to use this photo for purposes other than this contest please contact Anita for permission.
Digital Collage and Painting: Using Photoshop and Painter to Create Fine Art by Susan Ruddick Bloom, donated by Focal Press.
1. Contest will run from 1 May to 24 May 2006. Deadline for entries is 6pm EDT 24 May 2006.
2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules, interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.
3. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.
4. Your entry is suppose to be a digital graphite pencil (grey tones not color) sketch on white paper.
5. Your final image size must be exactly 800 pixels high and 600 pixels wide.
6. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the May 06 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.
7. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.
8. Voting will run from 25 May to 31 May 2006. Only those with entries may vote. You will vote for the 5 best entries in order. Note you cannot vote for your own image. Also once you vote, you cannot change your votes.
Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please don’t limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.
Note: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter
If you have a question check out the Contest FAQs first...
Last edited by T Paul; 05-01-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Hopeless at anything "Arty", but thought I'd have a go anyway. (please look at it at 100% or texture looks lousy).
first challenge try
never tried to post here before...hope it works.
Last edited by laradfreder; 05-03-2006 at 05:31 PM. Reason: have to change photo size
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|July 05 Contest||T Paul||Contests||48||07-31-2005 07:54 PM|
|June 05 Contest||T Paul||Contests||24||06-30-2005 04:49 PM|
|May 05 Contest||T Paul||Contests||30||06-30-2005 04:48 PM|
|March 05 Contest Entries||T Paul||Contests||47||06-30-2005 04:44 PM|