RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!

June 06 Contest Discussion

Old 06-01-2006, 10:06 AM

The other potential point of confusion, is the statement regarding final size: Final image must be exactly 750 pixels square

Mathematically, if one says something is 4 inches (or 4 meters, or 4 miles...) square, it means that one side times the other equals 4. So it could be 1x4 or 2x2 etc

In this case, obviously, 750 pixels square, means a square with sides of 750 pixels each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJ
I guess that comes down to interpretation of 'image' The total image is not sqaure, the photograph that forms part of the image may be (I havent measured it )
The rules say we're not allowed to crop the image. Now the two interpretations of that I can come up with, says either, make the canvas larger to fill the required dimensions and completely cover the card with made up stuff OR, crop the image to leave just the photo and the two curved top corners of the card and cover those up - I'll probably go with the latter, easier option :p

Last edited by Frank Lopes; 06-01-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoB
Oh goodness. We should have had the long month of May to work on this one!! Good luck all!!
Honestly - I dont think 1 more day would make a difference on this one
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2006, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJ
The tiff is 2Mb aceman.
Ok I meant dimensions. The original is 3 cm by 3 cm. Its very doable though.

Last edited by aceman; 06-01-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2006, 12:13 PM

For clarification....

* Remove all traces of the card backing but do not crop out any of the actual image

* Final image must be exactly 750 pixels square (750 pixels wide by 750 pixels high)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2006, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy
I'll go ahead and jump in. Coloring is NOT my forte, but I wanna be able to vote.

Anybody notice that there aren't many "happy" people in this photo, except the mother of the bride over there on the left peek-a-booing everyone. LOL
Hi Swampy ,

I believe the mother of the bride you're referring to, whose clothes you colored blue, was actually a statue. It's base was behind the potted plant. At first, I also thought she was one of the entourage, but there was something odd about the positioning of her body.

Anyway, my hats off to you for being the first one to submit an entry. This is a difficult photo to color. Too many details.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2006, 09:21 PM

I don't know Soleah - I have been looking at this woman all day as I work on the image and think she is real.
First off if this was a statue based on the angle she is leaning it would fall over.
Also when you look at the flow of her shaw it covers the other woman - see insert - I do not beleive the other woman would be wraped around a statue. Judging by how the others are dressed this woman does stand out as --- how do you say it ---- " that special relative" ! LOL
I think she is real.

I am choosing to let her stand out a bit more as the "special relative" I think she is

congrats Swampy for the first entry - this is a very difficult color to say the least. I am struggeling with my colors - well except for the floosy with a smile!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crop.jpg (97.2 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by TwinbNJ; 06-01-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2006, 09:31 PM

When I first looked at the photo I thought the woman on the far left (dark dress), was carrying the torso of a manequin...

Then I realized the she is holding the "special relative"... or a statue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbNJ
I don't know Soleah - I have been looking at this woman all day as I work on the image and think she is real.
First off if this was a statue based on the angle she is leaning it would fall over.
Also when you look at the flow of her shaw it covers the other woman - see insert - I do not beleive the other woman would be wraped around a statue. Judging by how the others are dressed this woman does stand out as --- how do you say it ---- " that special relative" ! LOL
I think she is real.

I am choosing to let her stand out a bit more as the "special relative" I think she is

congrats Swampy for the first entry - this is a very difficult color to say the least. I am struggeling with my colors - well except for the floosy with a smile!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2006, 09:40 PM

Based on the base, her odd and very dark colouring, her missing arms and legs, immodest dress, and the fact she looks drunk compared to the rest of the party I'm guessing statue.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Colwell
Based on the base, her odd and very dark colouring, her missing arms and legs, immodest dress, and the fact she looks drunk compared to the rest of the party I'm guessing statue.
OK call me crazy --- but who would have a half dressed drunk as a statue at a wedding???? lol

so let's take this one step further the person at Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division is bored and has photoshop and says " hey! I think it would be funny to put this "madem" in this wedding picture- maybe it will go on retouchPro and those guys will go nuts trying to figure out how the half dressed woman got in the picture!"

I say DRESSER her up and have fun with it!

Still can't get past the flow of the shaw next to the other woman.

Last edited by TwinbNJ; 06-01-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2006, 10:00 PM

Yeah its definately a statue. If you look closely you can see the base.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests