September 06 Contest
Download 02127u.jpg (1692 KB) and restore it.
The key to a good restoration is remaining true to the image. You want to clean up and restore the image… not change it or turn it into a painting.
Backdrop Designer donated by Digital Anarchy
1. Contest will run from 1 September to 23 September 2006. Deadline for entries is 6pm GMT 23 September 2006....
2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.
* Evaluate and correct the image’s tone & contrast
* Balance shadows and highlights
* Dust, mold & stain removal
* Eliminate scratches & cracks and so on....
* Final image must be exactly 800 px wide and 583 px high
4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.
5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the September 06 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.
6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.
7. Voting will run from 24 September to 30 September 2006. Only those with entries may vote.
* Submit the 5 best entries (by artist name) in order, starting with your favorite.
* You cannot vote for your own image.
* Once you have voted, you cannot change your votes.
Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please don’t limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.
Note: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter
like doug said, lots of fiddling on this one... lots!
edit: PLEASE NOTE, I'VE CHANGED MY ORIGINAL ENTRY! (and i may yet change it again)
Last edited by Craig Walters; 09-17-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Well, here is mine. Lots of work, but lots of fun.
Last edited by cazubi; 09-21-2006 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Needed to work more on the big boy's face.
Anyone else ..
seeing spotty stripes, or stripey spots in their sleep?
Last edited by leanan`si; 09-10-2006 at 10:11 PM. Reason: adding pic
Gargh this is a tough one. I too have many variations on this and am not sure I like any of them. Mold is evil!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|September 06 Contest Discussion||Flora||Contests||69||10-09-2006 01:18 PM|
|September 06 Contest Votes||Flora||Contests||17||09-30-2006 11:25 AM|
|March 05 Contest Entries||T Paul||Contests||47||06-30-2005 04:44 PM|