RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Mar 07 Contest (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/16636-mar-07-contest.html)

Doug Nelson 02-28-2007 12:56 AM

Mar 07 Contest

March Contest - This month is a restoration contest.

Image: Porch

Photo donated by TPaul

Quote:

The Prize: imageSynth by Luxology
imageSynth is advanced technology that works within Adobe Photoshop for creating seamless textures and for creating high resolution images from low resolution sources using advanced image synthesis algorithms. Hence the name!
THE RULES:

1. Contest will run from 1 March to 23 March 2007. Deadline for entries is 6pm EST 23 March 2007.

2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.

3. Tasks:
Quote:

* Restore the provided photo
* Create a sepia tone image
* Final image must be exactly 800 px wide and 600 px high.
4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the March 07 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.

7. Voting will run from 24 March to 31 March 2007. Only those with entries may vote.

8. Voting:
* Submit the 5 best entries (by artist name) in order, starting with your favorite.
* You cannot vote for your own image.
* Once you have voted, you cannot change your votes.

Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please donít limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.

slidefoot 03-01-2007 06:25 AM

Re: Mar 07 Contest

1 Attachment(s)
Increase contrast and airbrush carefully.

Neillo 03-02-2007 07:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First attempt. Critique much appreciated.

N.

irshgrlkc 03-02-2007 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure I am completely satisfied with this. I decided not to fix the little girl and doggies as we were only restoring the photo (they moved when the photo was taken, hence they are blurred).

PhotoB 03-02-2007 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine:

Dave.Cox 03-02-2007 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, I am new to this site, and pretty new to restoring, but am trying to learn the best I can. I hope my skills are good enough to join in.

First I added a levels adjust layer and did a level adjust to each individual channel. Then I used channel mixer set to monochrome to convert the channels to grey scale, using mostly the red channel, since it appeared to be the least damaged. Flatten that to a new work in progress layer, and use the clone, and heal tools to repair the more glaring damaged areas. I used a hue saturation layer to convert back to sepia.

Updated to soften the speckling. I think that this looks better.

lurch 03-03-2007 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My entry - love restorations!

luciachan 03-03-2007 10:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this entry may change depends how energetic i am im not fond of old photo restoration lol

Doug Colwell 03-04-2007 12:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine.

printmeister 03-04-2007 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My entry....