RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Apr 07 Contest Discussion (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/16919-apr-07-contest-discussion.html)

T Paul 03-31-2007 12:25 PM

Apr 07 Contest Discussion

Add your comments, questions or general discussion about the Contest entries here. This is also a great place to share your techniques or ask others about theirs.

Most members are eager to hear comments/suggestions about their entries, so please take the time to help each other out. :)

T Paul 04-02-2007 03:19 PM

Re: Apr 07 Contest Discussion

Note the size requirements for this month's challenge. It is not the easy resize that it has been in the past. It's going to take a little thought and perhaps artistic talent to fill the empty space. Have fun!

~T

Swampy 04-03-2007 10:54 AM

In looking at the "old masters", especially Vermeer's Milk Maid one of my favorite pieces that I even did in needlepoint years ago - so much of their style is built around light. Extreem darks and lights, lots of contrast, and with age comes texture. Solid brush strokes, heavy application of paint, no white spaces. Large blocks of color are also part of the style.

I found this a very big challenge this month. Thanks for the go, T. Paul

T Paul 04-03-2007 03:53 PM

Well the Dutch Master Style idea goes to Doug. I located the photo and Doug suggested the idea. It's a team effort! :)

Lorraine 04-06-2007 02:18 PM

Hi Swampy,

I read your excellent synopsis of the Dutch Masters style after completing my entry. Wish I had read it before :dizzy:

I was never a fan of these paintings until a couple of years ago, when I went to an art museum in New York City and saw the original paintings. They are dark for my taste, but the realistic details in them, and the play of light is incredible.

Lorraine

T Paul 04-15-2007 02:07 PM

Disqualification Warnings

MrBig
Just a warning that you need to rename your image to avoid being disqualified.

Entry has been renamed. :)

Quote:

4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

DKCoats
Just a warning that you need to resize your images to avoid being disqualified.

Quote:

* Final image must be exactly 450 pixels wide and 600 pixels high.
Entry has been resized. :)

GerryB
Just a warning that you need to resize your images to avoid being disqualified.

Quote:

* Final image must be exactly 450 pixels wide and 600 pixels high.
Entry has been resized. :)

GerryB 04-16-2007 08:55 PM

"Just a warning that you need to resize your images to avoid being disqualified."

Can I replace my image and if so, how do I do it, or do i have to delete my message and re-submit with the resized image?

Gerry

Lorraine 04-17-2007 03:48 AM

Gerry,

You can replace the entry.

Go to your original post, and click “Edit.”

In the next screen click “Go Advanced.”

In that screen, leave the “Do Not Delete Message” option checked and scroll to “Current Attachments.” Click “Remove” to delete your current entry.

When it has been removed, click on “Upload” and upload your revised entry.

Your original message will remain with the new file attached.

Lorraine

GerryB 04-17-2007 11:18 AM

Thanks, Lorraine. It worked just fine.

Swampy 04-20-2007 07:36 AM

Chillin.. that is very nice!!!