RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   May 07 Discussion Thread (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/17244-may-07-discussion-thread.html)

T Paul 04-30-2007 03:47 PM

May 07 Discussion Thread

Add your comments, questions or general discussion about the Contest entries here. This is also a great place to share your techniques or ask others about theirs.

Most members are eager to hear comments/suggestions about their entries, so please take the time to help each other out. :)

Craig Walters 05-02-2007 08:46 PM

Re: May 07 Discussion Thread

very cool, dee dee. :)

i like the addition of the painting. the window is great but seems to come pretty low to the floor. and some of the proportions seem just a touch off. good stucco.

(mind you, not that i can do any better, but that's what i see :) ).

Swampy 05-03-2007 07:13 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, Craig. It was a fun project and I look forward to seeing what others will do with it.

byRo 05-03-2007 05:51 PM

Swampy, nice work.
Good to see you've set a high level for us to follow.

Swampy 05-04-2007 07:35 AM

Why, thank you Ro! The hardest part was finding a source for the vine that was close to the perspective needed.

Marthig 05-04-2007 12:03 PM

Have just seen the basis for this contest, I love it ! really fantastic and leaves a lot of space for creativity without deviating from the rules. Congrats to TPaul and the artist that sketched the photo :) :clap:

Congratulations also to Swampy, for your entry, just great (but then, what else is new coming from you ;) )
Will start looking for material .

Swampy 05-04-2007 12:21 PM

Thank you Martha. Have fun putting your composition together. :-)

Craig Walters 05-06-2007 01:02 AM

these are amazing, guys.

just one note, read the sketch VERY carefully! if i manage to enter i'll be judging, at least in part, based on duplicating the sketch instructions. the sketch says 'stucco or adobe, textured/old', not new. old stucco and adobe have a very distinct look from new.

Lorraine 05-06-2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraellin (Post 154323)
these are amazing, guys.

just one note, read the sketch VERY carefully! if i manage to enter i'll be judging, at least in part, based on duplicating the sketch instructions. the sketch says 'stucco or adobe, textured/old', not new. old stucco and adobe have a very distinct look from new.

Thanks for pointing that detail out. Also, I'd like to add that the instructions state "Late PM or Early AM Shadows". I think correct shadows and lighting are a major factor in this contest.

Lorraine

Frank Lopes 05-06-2007 09:51 AM

I'm curious to know what the overall opinion is regarding this month's contest.

How do you feel if someone "posed" real items in front of an old stucco wall, waited for the light to be just right and took a photograph?

It seems to me the challenge of the contest, is to digitally assemble the image and not "physically" pose the items and then photograph them.

This question was prompted by the fact that I have the opportunity to photograph exactly the scene proposed even still I feel I would be "cheating" or, at the very least, I would be going against the "intent" of the rules.

Just curious...