June 07 Contest
Another creative contest, and this time we are going to tackle surrealism.
Reinterpret Salvador Dali’s “Persistence of Memory” for modern times.
In Dali's time watches were masterpieces of engineering and precision, but microchips, computers and nanotech make pocket watches seem primitive and quaint. The idea is not to literally recreate Dali's painting, and no parts of Dali's painting may be used. Interpret what Persistence of Memory means to you (or the critic of your choice) and imagine a similar scene with artifacts from 2007. Note, any image you use must be copyright free.
1. Contest will run from 1 June to 23 June 2007. Deadline for entries is 5pm EDT.
2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.
5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the June 07 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.
6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.
7. Voting will run from 24 June to 30 June 2007. Only those with entries may vote.
* Submit the 5 best entries (by artist name) in order, starting with your favorite.
* You cannot vote for your own image.
* Once you have voted, you cannot change your votes.
Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please don’t limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.
Re: June 07 Contest
Recycled Dali with recycled images.
Last edited by Doug Colwell; 06-15-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: more melted
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|June 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||12||06-30-2007 03:59 PM|
|June 06 Contest||T Paul||Contests||20||07-01-2006 07:58 PM|
|June 05 Contest||T Paul||Contests||24||06-30-2005 04:49 PM|