RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   July 07 Contest (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/17901-july-07-contest.html)

T Paul 07-01-2007 08:47 AM

July 07 Contest

Multiple skills will be tested in this month’s contest.

Download the 8 provided images. Then use elements of at least 6 of the images to create an entirely new image. You can use all 8 images if you want, but you can only use the provided images. Images from other sources are not allowed. You can, however, use brush strokes and various other effects such as dodge, burn, lighting, hue/sat and so on.

Images from Stock.xchng:
mantis
trees
sword
moth
park
dummy
mask
girls

Quote:

The prize is a copy of LightZone 3, donated by LightCrafts

Advanced photo-editing made simple
LightZone is the essential desktop photo-editing software for people who value their photographs. LightZone is purpose-built for photography and allows anyone, regardless of photographic skillset, to edit photographs quickly and easily.
THE RULES:

1. Contest will run from 1 July to 24 July 2007. Deadline for entries is 5pm EST 24 July 2007.

2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.

3. Tasks:
Quote:

* Use elements from at least 6 of the 8 provided photos to create an entirely new image. You can use all 8 if you want.
* List what 6 images you chose to use.
* No other images may be used.
* Final image must be exactly 800px wide and 600px high.
4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the July 07 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.

7. Voting will run from 25 July to 31 July 2007. Only those with entries may vote.

8. Voting:
* Submit the 5 best entries (by artist name) in order, starting with your favorite.
* You cannot vote for your own image.
* Once you have voted, you cannot change your votes.

Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please don’t limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.

Doug Colwell 07-01-2007 11:47 PM

Re: July 07 Contest

1 Attachment(s)
The 'girls' pic is terrific, but I couldn't figure out how to use it - used all the rest.

lcramer53 07-02-2007 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used all of the 8 photos; some with extensive masking.

Out_Of_Focus 07-02-2007 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
trees
sword
moth
mask
girls
dummy

YMS 07-03-2007 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Images used:

Girls
Mask
Dummy
Mantis
Trees
Park
Moth
Sword

Peter S 07-04-2007 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think there's a fairy tale in there somewhere

Files used:-

Girls
Mask
Dummy
Mantis
Trees
Moth
Sword

Peter

Gary Richardson 07-05-2007 04:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm noticeably lacking in talent in this kind of thing, but I've missed out on the last couple of contests, and I wanted to be able to vote on this one, as I expect there'll be some really imaginative creations.

I used the following.

Trees
Dummy
Mantis
Moth
Sword
Park

LonK 07-05-2007 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So many fabulously creative entries so far!

My effort was an enoyable way to spend a rather soggy Independence Day afternoon. I used 6 of the 8 source images in my fantasy composition: dummy, girls, mask, moth, sword and trees.

"The Guardian"

EDIT (16 Jul 07): Added elements from the remaining two sources: mantis and park. Did some tweakage and added some details to complete my vision of the legend of "The Guardian".

PhotoB 07-05-2007 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm back!! And what a fun contest to come back in on!

I used
dummy
girls
mantis
moth
park
sword
trees

to make my art gallery:

Swampy 07-05-2007 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know why, but the supplied images reminded me of Druids and King Author..

Girls, Mantis, Mask, Moth, Sword, Trees