RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Aug 07 Contest (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/18350-aug-07-contest.html)

T Paul 08-03-2007 02:50 PM

Aug 07 Contest

August 07 Contest- Retouching Contest
For this month’s contest you are to color correct and “beauty retouch” the provided photo. Please note that this is not a "glamour" retouching contest, so the changes that you make should be more natural and subtle.

Download Image: Portrait

Thanks to LonK for the image!

Quote:

Prize: Genuine Fractals 5, donated by onOne Software

Genuine Fractals 5 is the industry standard for image resizing. As a Photoshop plug-in, it is renowned across the photographic and printing industries for its ability to increase image size well over 1000% without the loss of sharpness or detail that you would normally expect. Its patented, fractal based interpolation algorithms work like nothing else and the results speak for themselves.

THE RULES:

1. Contest will run from 1 August to 22 August 2007. Deadline for entries is 5pm EDT.

2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.

3. Tasks:
Quote:

* Color correct the provided photo.
* "Beauty" retouch the photo
* DO NOT turn the image into a glamour shot
* Final image must be exactly 545 pixels wide and 800 pixels high.
4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the August 07 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.

7. Voting will run from 23 August to 31 August 2007. Only those with entries may vote.

8. Voting:
* Submit the 5 best entries (by artist name) in order, starting with your favorite.
* You cannot vote for your own image.
* Once you have voted, you cannot change your votes.

Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please don’t limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.

Swampy 08-03-2007 04:30 PM

Re: Aug 07 Contest

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go.

splata 08-03-2007 08:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well here's my try. Thanks for looking.
Charlie

byRo 08-03-2007 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still some things to tweak, maybe I'll fix them later.

Gary Richardson 08-04-2007 01:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like my women Au Naturel, so haven't attempted to "polish" the skin in any way, just to remove a few blemishes and some shine.

Not really my scene, but I wanted to vote on this.

Out_Of_Focus 08-04-2007 02:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine

irshgrlkc 08-04-2007 04:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my entry though I may change it before the close of the contest.

philbach 08-04-2007 06:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my entry.

Cassidy 08-04-2007 06:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My entry so far

oltenius 08-04-2007 08:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my try.