RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Sep 07 Contest (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/18669-sep-07-contest.html)

T Paul 09-01-2007 09:06 PM

Sep 07 Contest

September 07 Contest- Retouching Contest
The art director wants a character design prototype for an untitled movie that is still in the planning stages. But they need to show the finished photo to potential investors, so it must look as photographic as possible. Once approved, it will be used by the makeup and effects department to replicate in real life. The character is an ice princess.

Download Image: Click here to download the Portrait image

Thanks to Calvin Hollywood for the photo!

Prize: Donated from Logitech:

Quote:

Prize: NuLOOQ navigator.
Turbo-charge your creative workflow with a controller that puts advanced navigation in both your hands.
  • Precise touch control: Glide your fingertip around the touch-sensitive tuner dial to adjust values dynamically. Fine-tune settings such as brush size, font size, timeline, and system volume on the fly—without sliders or keyboard controls.
  • Navigation ring: Scroll, pan, and zoom with a single control. Nudge and twist the ring to effortlessly navigate your active document (digital image, illustration, spreadsheet, Web page, and more).
  • Shortcut triggers: Click trigger points on the tuner dial to select tools or execute commands. Almost any action you can imagine is just a tap away.
  • High-resolution motion sensor: Enjoy smooth, crisp tracking with a sophisticated sensor capable of detecting the slightest motion—even if applied in multiple directions.

THE RULES:

1. Contest will run from 1 September to 22 September 2007. Deadline for entries is 5pm EDT.

2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.

3. Tasks:
Quote:

*Retouch the provided photo to look like an ice princess
*Intensify the blue eyes
*Make the skin paler
*Change the lips to blue
*Make the hair look crystallized
*Leave photo full-face; do not add a body
*Final image must still look like a photograph
*DO NOT add any text
*Final image must be exactly 500 pixels wide and 750 pixels high.
4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the September 07 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.

7. Voting will run from 23 September to 29 September 2007. Only those with entries may vote.

8. Voting:
* Submit the 5 best entries (by artist name) in order, starting with your favorite.
* You cannot vote for your own image.
* Once you have voted, you cannot change your votes.

Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please don’t limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.

LonK 09-02-2007 01:49 AM

Re: Sep 07 Contest

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I'll jump in here first this month. Perhaps my effort will give y'all some ideas.

Swampy 09-02-2007 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, Lonnie... I'll join in with ya even though portraite retouching is NOT my bag. LOL

byRo 09-02-2007 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One "Ice Princess" coming up.
Maybe I went too far, but I was having too much fun to stop. :bigthmb:

oltenius 09-02-2007 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My try for the ice princess.
Dan

Peter S 09-02-2007 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And its one from me now as well.

Alison 09-03-2007 05:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And I'll have a go as well.

Cassidy 09-03-2007 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Given this is a prototype character and funds from investors are required, I reckon this character has to be a strong character, and a lead character, good or bad, to attract interest in investment.

Lorraine 09-03-2007 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried for a translucent "icy" look. It was tough trying to match those blue lips with the rest of the stuff.

Lorraine

Rock151 09-03-2007 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My try....again....