RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   April 2008: Contest Discussion (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/21367-april-2008-contest-discussion.html)

byRo 04-01-2008 08:44 PM

April 2008: Contest Discussion

T's away for a few days - so, this month, you'll have to put up with me :bigthmb:

Add your comments, questions or general discussion about the Contest entries here. This is also a great place to share your techniques or ask others about theirs.

Most members are eager to hear comments/suggestions about their entries, so please take the time to help each other out.

byRo 04-03-2008 08:57 PM

Re: April 2008: Contest Discussion

Sorry about the delay folks.

I was going to post a very fiendish contest :devil:
Another one of those terrible restoration projects. :eek:

But then I remembered that the most terrifying prospect of all is a piece of white paper.....

So here you are....
No holds barred, no guidelines, just a base image.
Let's see what you can do. :bigthmb:

(Don't worry, T will be back soon)

byRo 04-04-2008 03:43 PM

See the link to a larger version of the image in the second post.

Frank Lopes 04-09-2008 01:15 PM

I'm surprised with the lack of comments on this month's contest :-)

byRo 04-09-2008 05:42 PM

Me too.

Either it's too easy - or too hard?

pixeltek 04-09-2008 06:49 PM

i may be in the minority, but while i think the idea of the contest is a good one, i.e., fashion/glamor/artsy magazine color for retouchpro, i believe the photograph that was chosen is the farthest from fashion/glamor/artsy, and i personally would not purchase nor want to look in a magazine with this cover.

it does not evoke fashion/glamor/artsy in any way, shape, or form nor can it be transformed to represent a fashion/glamor/artsy magazine cover.

looks more like a wildlife/hunting/fishing magazine cover :wink:

just my 2 cents :grin:

Frank Lopes 04-09-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixeltek (Post 189498)
i think the idea looks more like a wildlife/hunting/fishing magazine cover :wink:

That was very funny :-)

My guess is the image was carefully chosen: a not very flattering pic of a model, shot with a very wide lens thus the distorted lips and bulging eyes.

I would say, it was done on purpose...

byRo 04-09-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lopes (Post 189500)
I would say, it was done on purpose...

:wink: :bigthmb:

Craig Walters 04-09-2008 08:52 PM

"...nor can it be transformed to represent a fashion/glamor/artsy magazine cover."

hmmm, doth i hear a challenge, a gauntlet being cast to the ground? methinks, sir, thou art without skill, without wit, and without chivalry. surely, yon maiden couldst be made to be HOT! and is that not the entire point of this contest? dost thou spit upon yon maid/model casting aspersions upon her, artist and admin? dost thou throw down thy gauntlet and yet not take up said challenge thyself? art thou coward? dost thy cahones trail behind thee some distance like a cowering curr mongrel? to arms with tablet, mouse and pc, i say! be bold, be brave and cast light upon said maid that she may shine ever brighter! or be gone and stay thy tongue forever more! ;)

0lBaldy 04-09-2008 09:01 PM

OMG!! Craig you put words to my thoughts!

What Craig said....!!