RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   March 2010 Contest Time (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/29271-march-2010-contest-time.html)

T Paul 03-02-2010 04:33 PM

March 2010 Contest Time

UPDATE: Change in final image size, 573 pixels high by 463 pixels wide

This month’s contest is about jewelry retouching. The client wants the attached image cleaned up for a magazine ad.

Download Image: Watch

Photo courtesy of flickr. Photographer: Charlie J
; Some rights reserved.

New to the contests? Please review the FAQs

Prize: Topaz Labs ReMask

Quote:

Topaz ReMask is specifically engineered to supercharge the masking and extraction workflow for photographers and designers within Photoshop. Other masking tools - both within Photoshop and other third party filters - require intricate brushing, sampling, and refining for a detailed mask. Topaz ReMask, on the other hand, does all the heavy lifting while requiring a minimum of user input.

THE RULES:

1. Contest will run from 2 to 24 Mar 2010. Deadline for entries is 5pm (Central Time).

2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.

3. Tasks:
  • Remove the watch and place it vertically on a white background
  • Clean up the image (remove dust, scratches, old background reflections, and so on)
  • Relocate the watch hour and minute hands to the 10 and 2 position.
  • Relocate the watch second hand so it doesn’t cover the Rolex info at the top of the watch
  • Final image should look like a shiny new gold watch
  • Add reflections, shadows, and so forth to complete the image
  • Final image must be exactly 573 pixels high by 463 pixels wide (portrait format).

4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.

7. Voting will run from 25 to 31 Mar. Only those with entries may vote.

8. Voting:
  • Submit the 5 best entries (by artist name) in order, starting with your favorite.
  • You cannot vote for your own image.
  • Once you have voted, do not change your votes. The votes are tallied as them come in so any changes in the votes may not be reflected in the final results.

Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please don’t limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.

Ruzzez 03-14-2010 12:49 PM

Re: March 2010 Contest Time

1 Attachment(s)
I've got something to post finally.

Sveltepig 03-17-2010 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hello all
here is mine.
I must agree with Yourfavorite that the image is extremely low-res for such a retouch, but I did what I could...

Veralisa 03-17-2010 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. The hardest part was removing the blood, sweat & tears from the work area.

acpgraphics 03-18-2010 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here is my entry, I wish I was able to dedicate more time to it - it was fun.

ACP

Cupcake 03-23-2010 04:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my try.:)

Eileen 03-23-2010 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It was an interesting first time challenge. Feed back is welcomed.

LonK 03-24-2010 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The clock is TICKING! I think it's TIME to submit my entry - before it's too LATE :wink:

T Paul 04-05-2010 07:56 PM

Time to announce the winner....(note some votes were not counted since they were after the deadline)

Great job to all the brave souls that worked on this image!!!

The winner is....acpgraphics!

Prize: Topaz Labs ReMask

Quote:

Topaz ReMask is specifically engineered to supercharge the masking and extraction workflow for photographers and designers within Photoshop. Other masking tools - both within Photoshop and other third party filters - require intricate brushing, sampling, and refining for a detailed mask. Topaz ReMask, on the other hand, does all the heavy lifting while requiring a minimum of user input.

Top 3

acpgraphics - 20
Eileen - 16
Sveltepig - 13