RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   April 2010 Contest Discussion (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/29593-april-2010-contest-discussion.html)

T Paul 04-03-2010 11:03 AM

April 2010 Contest Discussion

Add your comments, questions or general discussion about the Contest entries here. This is also a great place to share your techniques or ask others about theirs.

Most members are eager to hear comments/suggestions about their entries, so please take the time to help each other out.

Craig Walters 04-06-2010 09:48 PM

Re: April 2010 Contest Discussion

three entries so far and... wow!

Joeven 04-10-2010 11:38 PM

I don't know how your doing that stain glass stuff but like Craig said WOW! Great job. Very impressive.

Joe

CathyH 04-11-2010 05:54 AM

Hi Joe, I used illustrator to draw the lines, then took it over to photoshop and colored it.
Drawing in illustrator is a lot easier for me than using the pen tool in photoshop.

T Paul 04-11-2010 09:28 AM

Looks like Doug needs to add stained glass art to the RetouchPro products.

Excellent entries so far! Keep up the great work!! :bigthmb:

Joeven 04-11-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathyH (Post 264087)
Hi Joe, I used illustrator to draw the lines, then took it over to photoshop and colored it.
Drawing in illustrator is a lot easier for me than using the pen tool in photoshop.

Hey Cathy. You raised the bar so high that I'm going to sit this one out. Just so I don't embarrass myself. It really looks great.

Joe

CathyH 04-11-2010 01:23 PM

Joe, Don't do that - just have fun, and give it a try.

Veralisa 04-12-2010 09:35 PM

And I feel so jerky...made a mistake sooooo-o-o-o bad I hope I learn a lesson and never repeat it.
After working on the window,two nights, labororiously, let me tell you, when I went to resize it for submission I come to realize it was NOT in a 800x600 proportion. Grrrrr. I'd asked myself several times at the beginning if it was the right size, oh sure I said, why wouldn't it be. Ok, I 'fessed up to being so thoughtless. As long as it teaches me a lesson, all is not lost.
I'll be away for the weekend but hopefully can get in some Photoshop time.

Everyone's image is just too beautiful for words. I did think it a pleasure just to take time and create something...pretty. Great contest this month.

Veralisa 04-14-2010 02:14 PM

Here it goes, finally. After I realized the first effort was ill-sized I went back to the "drawing board". Almost halfway through I needed to leave my work on the second one and tend to family. When I came back everything was gone, work in progress, adobe set-up, everything. Apparently my security (Norton) installed some updates and needed to restart the computer for them to take effect. It did and closed down PS, work & all. So, I finished the third attempt and want to get it in before something else happens to it.

T Paul 04-14-2010 05:58 PM

You know they do say third time's the charm! ;)