RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   April 2010 Contest - Stained Glass (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/29594-april-2010-contest-stained-glass.html)

T Paul 04-03-2010 12:12 PM

April 2010 Contest - Stained Glass

3 Attachment(s)
After a cold long winter, I have been enjoying watching the colors of spring bloom. So for this monthís contest the client wants the provided photo turned into a stained glass image. They also want a decorative stained glass border added to the piece. See the attached styles for ideas only.

Download Image: Butterfly (this is the image you work on).

Photo courtesy of stock.xchng
Standard restrictions.

You will need to register (free registration) to download these files.

New to the contests? Please review the FAQs

Prize: Topaz Labs Simplify

Quote:

Topaz Simplify Turn any regular photo into a masterpiece of art with the sophisticated Topaz Simplify plug-in tool for Photoshop. Blur the distinction between photographic realism and art to give your viewers something truly unique to look at: Topaz Simplified photo pieces are the beautiful result of the marriage between the vision of a digital photographer and the handiwork of a master painter.

THE RULES:

1. Contest will run from 3 to 24 Apr 2010. Deadline for entries is 5pm (Central Time).

2. In order to encourage everyone to vote, voting this month is a prerequisite for winning. I will make an exception if you will be out of town during the voting, but you must let me know in advance.

3. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.

4. Tasks:
  • Turn provided photo into a stained glass image
  • Add decorative stained glass border to piece
  • Final image must be exactly 600 pixels high by 800 pixels wide (landscape format).

4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.

7. Voting will run from 25 to 30 Apr. Only those with entries may vote.

8. Voting:
  • Submit the 5 best entries (by artist name) in order, starting with your favorite.
  • You cannot vote for your own image.
  • Once you have voted, do not change your votes. The votes are tallied as them come in so any changes in the votes may not be reflected in the final results.

Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please donít limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.

CathyH 04-05-2010 05:40 PM

Re: April 2010 Contest - Stained Glass

1 Attachment(s)
Well I see that I'm first this time.
I may change the colors, but this is what I have so far.

0lBaldy 04-06-2010 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stained Butterfly

(4th iteration)

K_GiMiNi_M 04-10-2010 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
picking out the colors was fun

Veralisa 04-14-2010 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Third attempt. Me and that butterfly are getting to know each other really well.

T Paul 05-19-2010 05:51 AM

Really stunning work everyone! :bigthmb: This contest was extremely close.

And the winner is.....

CathyH!!!

Prize: Topaz Labs Simplify

Quote:

Topaz Simplify Turn any regular photo into a masterpiece of art with the sophisticated Topaz Simplify plug-in tool for Photoshop. Blur the distinction between photographic realism and art to give your viewers something truly unique to look at: Topaz Simplified photo pieces are the beautiful result of the marriage between the vision of a digital photographer and the handiwork of a master painter.

Results:
CathyH - 13
Veralisa and K_GiMiNi_M - 12
0lBaldy - 11

Great job everyone!!