RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Jan-Feb 2011 - Contest (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/32037-jan-feb-2011-contest.html)

T Paul 01-02-2011 12:28 PM

Jan-Feb 2011 - Contest

Jan - Feb 2011 Contest – Lady Sitting

Listening to your wonderful suggestions, we decided to start the New Year with a multi-part contest. Take the provided image and:

1. Repair the damage (the final image is just one girl so focus on one image. You can use elements from both for the restoration work)
2. Retouch as necessary
3. Colorize
4. Crop the final image into a single portrait image showing the entire girl.

You have Jan and Feb to work on this image.

Download Image: Lady Sitting
Photo courtesy of the Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division

To avoid any quick-time woes, right-click on the image URL and select save link as.

New to the contests? Please review the FAQs

Prize: PostworkShop Pro Edition, donated by Xycod

Quote:

PostworkShop Transform your photo or render into an oil painting or watercolor, pastel drawing or pencil sketch, abstract artwork or old-time photograph. Achieve quick results with the 350+ built-in styles. You can blend and chain them in a familiar layered compositing user interface.

THE RULES:

1. Contest will run from 2 Jan to 20 Feb 2011. Deadline for entries is 7pm (Central Time).

2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.

3. Tasks:
  • Repair damage
  • Retouch as necessary
  • Colorize
  • Final image; single image (one girl not two) showing entire girl.
  • Final image must be exactly 800 pixels high by 600 pixels wide (portrait format; cropping the background is permitted).

4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.

5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.

6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.

7. Voting will run from 21 to 28 Feb. Only those with entries may vote.

8. Voting:
  • Submit the 5 best entries (by artist name) in order, starting with your favorite.
  • You cannot vote for your own image.
  • Once you have voted, do not change your votes. The votes are tallied as them come in so any changes in the votes may not be reflected in the final results.

Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please don’t limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.

kizmiaz 01-09-2011 11:23 AM

Re: Jan-Feb 2011 - Contest

1 Attachment(s)
My version, more tweaking especially around the floor

aartist 01-12-2011 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lots of FUN!

Lorraine 01-22-2011 06:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This was so enjoyable to work on. The entries so far are amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing many more.

Lorraine

4personnen 02-05-2011 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my try,
not entirely satisfied but, I cannot see any colour anymore now, my eyes are sore :)

cheers everyone!

Veralisa 02-09-2011 09:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am so happy to be finished with this lady! I'd have been a millionaire if I were to charge by-the-hour....

raquel 02-19-2011 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Y'all,
This was fun & a lot of work (whew!)
Do we have collective E.S.P. w/ her costume color? Maybe it really was blue/turquoise :-)!

T Paul 03-10-2011 05:06 AM

Good job to all the entries for tackling this challenging contest. You should all be proud of your beautiful results.

The winner is....aartist

Prize: PostworkShop Pro Edition, donated by Xycod

Quote:

PostworkShop Transform your photo or render into an oil painting or watercolor, pastel drawing or pencil sketch, abstract artwork or old-time photograph. Achieve quick results with the 350+ built-in styles. You can blend and chain them in a familiar layered compositing user interface.
Top 5:
Aartist - 12 (tie breaker)
Kizmiaz - 12
Lorraine and Raquel - 11
4personnen – 10