RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Mar-Apr 2011 Contest Discussion (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/32621-mar-apr-2011-contest-discussion.html)

T Paul 03-03-2011 06:14 AM

Mar-Apr 2011 Contest Discussion

Add your comments, questions or general discussion about the Contest entries here. This is also a great place to share your techniques or ask others about theirs.

Most members are eager to hear comments/suggestions about their entries, so please take the time to help each other out.

Veralisa 03-04-2011 10:55 AM

Re: Mar-Apr 2011 Contest Discussion

Joeven, yours is positively delightful!

Joeven 03-04-2011 09:57 PM

Thanks Veronica. I'm probably going to change it though. Just wanted to get something entered this time.

Joe

raquel 03-06-2011 03:11 PM

Joeven, really like the placement of the kitten- a sweet little surprise ;)!

aartist 03-07-2011 09:48 AM

Is there a way to download the larger required photos without having to register?

CathyH 03-07-2011 10:40 AM

aartist, I don't think you will be sorry if you register, we have used this site many time for these contest.

CaptainObvious 03-21-2011 06:13 PM

i've recently uploaded mine.... just wanted to know if i was OK to just use the head of the kitten, and put it on another cats body, as i didn't like the pose the cat was in....

Lorraine 03-25-2011 01:34 PM

CaptainObvious,

Hi and welcome. Questions about the specific contest rules are not answered. It's up to the entrants to decide individually how to execute the given material.

In this instance, all I can do is give you my opinion. Since this is a retouch/painting contest, I feel that more artistic liberty can be taken. Since each of the entrants will judge the contest, changing the cat's body could pose a problem for some, but others might think it is fine. Not much help, but that's all I can advise.

Nice work, by the way.

Lorraine

Nasturtium 04-18-2011 04:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
what a fun exercise!
My first impulse was to get rid of the bare light bulb but then I decided to use it for atmosphere. It was hard to decided what to do with the yummy looking vegetables in the background but since they were so far away I decided their details had to go.

mlmaxey - I like the 'night' color theme
renata - that's so cute! Of course the kitty would shred the table decoration
palms - the shadow under your coffee cup is perfect
CaptainObvious - well this was all about creativity and making a 'frankenkitten' certainly was original
Lorraine - gorgeous shadow work and clever kitten placement
Veralisa - love your color adjustments
Loona - very nice work of integrating the cat
Joeven - your kitten looks so forlorn. I really like your coffee steam effect
Pherbis - you did a terrific job of simplification. Yours came out very cheerful.
CathyH - Very nice. Really clever what you did with the coffee cup.
Andy625 - great shadow work. The kitten is the perfect size for it's placement.
dkcoats - great virtual painting work. I like the thick textured painting look.
LonK - Really good balance between enhancing the details and making painterly texture.
TonyW - Nice depth.

Tony W 04-18-2011 12:38 PM

I really enjoyed this - a complete change to retouching and colour correcting images.
I also enjoyed looking at the very different interpretations by all.

mlmaxey - Loved the 'vibrant' colours and the overall feeling of early morning
renata - Nice feeling looks like an early start to what promises to be a pleasant day. Kitten destroying flowers a nice touch.
palms - What a bright and pleasant look - makes you want to sit down and take a cup.
CaptainObvious - Nicely done. The idea about line drawing fade in to colour inspired.
Lorraine - Loved the kitten hiding thinking you may not see him/her
Veralisa - Really liked the big and well fed kitten and your choice of colour change
Loona - Excellent spot for a kitten to hide
Joeven - Loved the 'punchy illustration' look of this
Pherbis - Lovely bright morning feel to yours
CathyH - Cute kitten poking its head out for a better view
Andy625 - I can smell the coffee here
dkcoats - Very nice painterly effect
LonK - Enjoyed the added extras, saucer milk for kitten, paper on the table and the lens flare effect
Nasturtium - A very pleasing effect - like sitting in the car in light rain and seeing an inviting place for a break and a coffee