|Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!|
| ||Thread Tools|
Oct 2013 Contest
What’s Halloween without a creepy haunted house? Download the provided image and place it in a setting of your choosing (please use only public domain images).
Photo courtesy of the The J. Paul Getty Trust
Download Image: Gothic House
The above link take you to the J. Paul Getty Museum website where you can download the photo. If you are experiencing trouble downloading the image from their website, try right-clicking on the image URL and selecting save link as.
New to the contests? Please review the FAQs
Prize: "Winner's Choice" of any two RetouchPRO LIVE Video Rentals!
1. Contest will run from 4 Oct to 25 Oct 2013. Deadline for entries is 6 pm (U.S. Central Time). NOTE CONTEST ENDS THIS MONTH!
2. I will not answer questions concerning the rules. Interpretation of the rules is as important as execution.
4. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.
5. Post your entries to this thread. Links will not be accepted. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.
6. Only one entry per person. You can change your entry up to the deadline.
7. Voting will run from 26 Oct to 1 Nov 2013. There is a separate thread for voting. Only those with entries may vote. Although everyone (contestants and non-contestants) are encourage to leave comments on the entries in the contest discussion thread.
Finally, please remember that this is a friendly contest and suppose to be a learning experience. Tips and suggestions to help others are highly encouraged. Also please don’t limit your comments to just the top 5 when you vote. Most members are eager for feedback about their images, so remember to help each other out.
Re: Oct 2013 Contest
So I maybe didn't read ALL of the rules before I started and sank hours into my entry. Thus, it was the wrong size. I liked it as it was, but I'm not keen on the crop. I might give it another go before the deadline. Here's both for you to look at anyway - the 'wrong' one and the 600x800 entry. Go easy on me please, I'm a learner!
I also kinda borked the upload so the quality's not amazing.
I did -say- I'm a learner, right?
With thanks to the following deviants at deviantart.com, for their generous sharing:
And to The J. Paul Getty Trust for the Gothic House pic: (http://search.getty.edu/museum/recor...objectid=52336)
Last edited by Gemmonster; 10-05-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Attributions
Re: Oct 2013 Contest
I must admit I had expected a larger turnout for the Halloween contest. Great job to our three brave souls!
And the winner is Gemmonster!
Gemmonster - 8
Cupcake & Veralisa - 5
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Oct 2013 Contest Discussion||T Paul||Contests||1||11-14-2013 07:49 AM|
|Oct 2013 - Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||3||11-13-2013 08:10 PM|
|June/July 2013 Contest - Union Soldier||T Paul||Contests||16||08-19-2013 06:10 PM|
|Feb/Mar 2013 Contest - Watercolor||T Paul||Contests||9||04-07-2013 02:32 PM|
|Oct 2011 Contest - Pumpkin Patch||T Paul||Contests||10||11-02-2011 07:13 PM|