I had Vikki in first place all along mainly because of the eyes but now it's because of the eyes, I'm putting her in second behind Flora. In comparing the original Flora is bang on faithful with the shadow in the eyes, nothing added, nothing taken away and great skin tone. Have to agree though with the vignette. So here's my picks:
5) Doug Colwell
Wow, a lot of great entries! It was very hard to decide between the top three on my list - each has exceptional features. Here are my choices:
1. Flora - just the most pleasing to my eye. A little more "artsy" than some others, but the color was right on.
2. TPaul - the eyes are amazing. Excellent clarity. A very close 2nd place.
3. Vicki - The face (especially the mouth) have a beautiful natural glow.
4. Wooden Bender - love the blending on the skin tones - smooth.
5. 1st Lite - color looks natural to me.
Thanks for a very interesting contest!
1) Soleah Smooth merge of colors and lighting. Hair and skin tone very natural. Fine detail work.
2) Cedwar Good color transition. Kept going back to this one and I continued to put a number 2 with it.
3) Vickki Nice lighting and the hair has wonderful highlights. Smooth on the skin tones. Background work shows fine detail
4)Wooden Bender different use of colors that make for a nice contrast (lips vs flower vs chiffon). All blend to be pleasing to the eye.
5) Ro This rendition gives the feel of the era. Wistful with an eye to the detail. Clean
This was very difficult to choose the top 5 but fun to really take a close look.
I downloaded the pictures with out knowing who's was who's and just kept going with the eliminations.
It is also neat to see everyones choices.
Look forward to more events like this one.
PS forgot to put the #4 on Wooden Bender and had to edit
I downloaded the images and went through the elimination process - as I got down to the last 10 it was very difficult.
Here are the picks:
1 - Cedwar
- each time I did a slide show in different order the richness of this image stood out each time.
2 - Doug Colwell
- rich color, I like that the sahdows were left on the face. Very natural looking.
3 - Soleah
- I felt this had a soft look without too much blur. The colors and skintones caught my eye also.
4 - Vikki
- Very clean with rich skin tones and lighting
5 -Wood Bender
- Soft, clean and nice colors
Vikki -- that was a VERY NICE thing for you to do!!! Thanks MUCHO!!!
I was doing as Gary had suggested, but I got behind (being a procrastinator), and I was going to have to download a bunch before I could start my review -- you've made it easy for everyone.
1.Vikki - this is the one I kept going back to again and again.
2.Flora - closest to the original (1st if not for vignette).
3.TPaul - great detail work even at high zoom.
4.Terivon - bright and nicely recovered details in the shadows.
5.Wooden_bender - nice skin colouring and faithful to the orig.
Not sure whose was whose but thank you so much for putting them in a gallery - made this a whole lot easier to do.
Great contest and they were all so hard to choose "best". Everyone put in a great effort!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sep 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||43||10-01-2007 03:26 PM|
|Feb 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||16||02-27-2007 05:14 PM|
|Mar 06 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||24||04-01-2006 08:58 AM|
|Feb 06 Contest Votes||byRo||Contests||28||03-01-2006 07:15 AM|
|March 05 Contest Entries||T Paul||Contests||47||06-30-2005 04:44 PM|