RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Contests (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/)
-   -   Contest Images (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/9949-contest-images.html)

Caitlin 08-13-2005 08:57 PM

How about a composite competion - pixulz's post in the critiques section made me think of it. I don't know how one would do it exactly - either one person selects all the images, or you get people to submit one each, with maybe some retouch or restoration requirement thrown in?

smats 08-18-2005 12:19 AM

Why not just find a color photo with several defects. moire, color casts faded etc

I think the last three contests have been more towards retouching or photo-art. So why not a restoration?

But still it should have good photographic quality and scanned with high quality. It should be possible to bring out the qualities from the original data rather than trying to recreate the picture.

/Mats

PhotoB 08-18-2005 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an image I took that I'd like to see what people would do with it. Either in a Challenge or Photo-Art thread.

T Paul 08-18-2005 05:10 PM

For all images containing recognizable people, we also need the individual's permission to use their photo.

freddieanne 08-18-2005 06:27 PM

T Paul,

I have a photo from the '20's that I've been thinking would make a great contest restoration challenge. Only 2 of the people are still living and they were very young in the photo, hence not recognizable today. Would I still need permission to post it? It probably wouldn't be difficult to get permission.

From instructions from Doug in Archive section:

Quote:

Do not upload if you don't own the rights to the photo. Do not upload if you don't have permission of anyone recognizable in the photo (unless they're deceased)
Question: How does one determine who owns the rights to the photo if it's just something that has been passed down through one's family? I've got some great old stuff that I'd like to contribute to the Archives but I don't know if I have the right to.

Thanks,
Annabel

PhotoB 08-19-2005 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok. Then this one. This is of my son. And as his guardian, I give permission.

(and obviously, the first thing to change is the color. ;)

Doug Nelson 08-19-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddieanne
Question: How does one determine who owns the rights to the photo if it's just something that has been passed down through one's family? I've got some great old stuff that I'd like to contribute to the Archives but I don't know if I have the right to.

You really can't. Welcome to my world :)
This is why we have so much trouble finding good Challenge and Contest material.

freddieanne 08-20-2005 12:38 PM

Hmmmmm..... Tricky world.

Is there a standard authorization/consent/release form to use? :question:

Just to clarify,

Quote:

Do not upload if you don't own the rights to the photo. Do not upload if you don't have permission of anyone recognizable in the photo (unless they're deceased)
Is it and(both)/or. Own rights and have permission of person? :dizzy:

Thanks for all you do.
Annabel

PhotoB 08-23-2005 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another idea...

Doug Nelson 08-25-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddieanne
Is it and(both)/or. Own rights and have permission of person? :dizzy:

Must have both.