Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Well here's my favorite one so far!

Old 04-24-2005, 10:27 AM
I duplicated the layer, applied a curve to blue only, then I erased everything but the water, then flattened the layers.

Originally Posted by embee

I agree with others who've said the water is just too blue. It looks like somebody has dumped a ton of dye in the sea! But if that's how it appeared to you, then fine. My main criticism is of the water's edge, where it meets the rocks - you haven't done a very good job here because there is a distinct line where the water is the original green colour (also there are patches of blue within the green areas). I would guess that you used a mouse to colorize the water - it can be very tricky to get it spot on using a mouse.

Otherwise, the colour correction works and the picture makes me wish I was there!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2005, 11:45 AM
This is the first time I've attempted to do anything to anyone else's picture.

I don't even know how to explain my steps. I know I selected the water and used curve adjustment on the blue. I duplicated the layer and used softlight with an opacity of around 70% or so. I merged the layers, duplicated again, and then used overlay, 50-60% opacity or so.

ah, oh well.

It looks much better in my program. I had to decrease the quality a whole bunch to make it fit. :\
Attached Images
File Type: jpg editedversionmaui.jpg (89.1 KB, 25 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2005, 08:34 AM
It's always hard to make things look as good with 100k.. that's why most photos I host off my own website if possible.

I printed out 81 photos from my trip. Most of the comments were it's beautiful, you took some good photos, etc. Only one person out of the many I showed the pictures to said they were not good.

One photo in general most people said it looks like a postcard, so I'm going to add a border to it and write Hawaii over the front. I'll post the picture later.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques