Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Some important Questions..

Old 06-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Some important Questions..

Hi all,

I am Nick, I am a professional freelance photo restorer. I have a good experience in this area. I just started my own site, right now its on but soon I would like to shift with some proper business domain.

I want to know that Can I use the photos in chellenges section of the forum after restoring them myself?

My site lacking sample of difficult restoration, as I am freelancer, Generally I do work for others not for direct customers... so I don't have any permission of the owner of the restored photo to use their photos in my site...

Also whether its allowed or not, please let me know from where I can get royalty free damaged photos which I can restore and put back on my site as a sample...

Also look at my work at and give your opinions...

- Nick
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2005, 05:39 PM
I recommend you visit Leave your website where it is right now. For free, they let you choose a domain name, and this will redirect visitors to your site. It works very well. No ads, pop ups or anything hidden.

There are only two catches. You must put a tiny link on your home page (looks smart, very small) and you must accept the suffix "". So your domain name could be for example.

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Hi Nick,

I think you will found interesting this thread about where to get bad photos:
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Hi Ken Rogers, Thanks for the site providing free domain... Actually once I amd going to buy a professional business domain soon.. Once I gether some more difficult sample to use..

Thanks Jaime, I looked at the thread you have mentioned.. its good but still its not clearly mentioned that I can use the images which are available in this forum as a part of challenges.. Also the sites mentioned in this threads do not have real damaged images.. .. I can use them for example of retouching.. but for restoration I want some real old and damaged snaps.. like doug is putting in this forum.. To collect more samples.. I have even put an offer on my site like "PAY WHATEVER YOU WANT" for any kind of restoration and just allowed me to use them as a sample on my site... Do you think I should post it in advertisement category of this forum?

Generally sites has copy right.. for the images.. I tryed google images for that but still not getting good success..

Please let me know if any other way you can show me..

Thank you

- Nick
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Check the FAQ (link above under RetouchPRO) for your questions about using Challenges.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Thank you

Hi Doug,

Thank you very much for the reply.. I checked it and I will do the same.. will ask to owner of the pic to use the snap or not ..

Also I would like to tell you that .. this forum is wonderful and you are doing superb work.

Thank you

- Nick.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2005, 07:13 PM
If you like to restore old historical photos there are some government sites that offer them i believe in public domain like:

You could google search some others to restore,
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques