RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

What do you think??????

Old 06-11-2005, 06:29 PM

Arrow What do you think??????

Hi all just joined - I have just finished my Degree in Photography at Uni in Blackpool and will be moving to London very soon - I hope to either find some assisting work with a photographer or some kind of retouching job/work. Please could you leave me some creative feedback on either my photography and /or retouching.
http://wwww.christarbet.co.uk
Many thanks in advance
Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2005, 06:36 PM

Unhappy 2 many w's

http://www.christarbet.co.uk
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2005, 02:40 AM

Hi, the images on your site are a too low a resolution to make any quality judgements, but an interesting variety of work.

Found your site a bit of a pain to use though, its not immediately obvious how to stop the scrolling images and to select one for closer viewing. Don't like flash sites in general.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2005, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Richardson
Found your site a bit of a pain to use though, its not immediately obvious how to stop the scrolling images and to select one for closer viewing.
Well I for one DIDN'T work it out! Managed to get one up by fluke - not sure how. I agree with Gary about Flash - if it gets in the way of accessing the information it isn't a good idea.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2005, 08:22 AM

I had the same problems. When I did manage to get one to stop and display, I saw only a single image (how can one judge your work without a before and after?). Also, I thought the images were an odd selection.
Sorry to be so negative, but I guess that can be the downside of a critique.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2005, 06:31 PM

I had a similar prblem and could not see any of your images. Just a quick flash on the screen.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2005, 06:38 PM

Well done on the degree, good luck in London, but your website is alittle bit annoying, sorry but your flash is alittle too fast for us to see your pictures. Be better to have larger pictures and maybe a main one in the middle for us to see, anyhow it looks good, keep trying and it come good soon.

Elle
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2005, 03:36 AM

I agree, the scrolling images move far too fast to catch many of them for a close up view. I personally prefer a static list of thumnails to choose from with the good old 'next' and 'previous' buttons to navigate. It was too annoying for me to spend much time actually trying to view your images. I did like the few that I saw but I think you need to work a little more on the presentation. Also, like Vikki mentioned, a before and after view would give more idea of what you have actually done to the images.

Good luck with your job hunting
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2005, 03:45 AM

I had another go at this site, hate to be beaten by it, and i could swear like a trooper, so you need to sort this out i think you have gone overboard with flash, if you want work from this site, you need to make it more managable for the customer, and right now hun its just too annoying, most potential customers want to be able to get on your website look for 2 mins if they like what they see then you have business, if not then they will close the window, get annoyed at their junior, kick the cat, shout at their wives/hubbies all cos your site is too flash happy, but other than that apart from the humor you have a super idea, so sort it out mate!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2005, 06:24 AM

I have played alot of war/shooting games in my day, so clicking on the moving thumbs wasn't to bad for me. lol.

The site looks cool, but it is not so user friendly.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques