RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Question

Old 08-09-2005, 10:48 AM

Question

I need to diversify my income base and am wondering if anyone can comment on my submissions to retouch pro challenges as to whether I am deluding myself or whether I should promote digital retouching as a further source of income base. It started out as a joke, as I gained a local reputation for transforming people from photos I had taken, and the shocking things I did to their photos. Much to my surprise, they did not object, but rather took reverence and esteem from my horrible actions of manipulation. The 'black board' is now gone but most wanted to keep their photos. Some honest feedback would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 PM

cassidy,

if i remember correctly, i commented on one or two of your 'revisions' quite good. and, in all honesty, if you can manipulate images like that, then retouching and restoration shld be a breeze. you might have to learn a few tricks and things, but the basic skills are relatively the same.

wasnt it you that did the girl with the freddy krueger fingers and advertised that you'd done over 500 of this type of image manipulation?

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2005, 07:42 PM

haha

no was not me
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2005, 03:21 PM

hi cassidy,

i checked again. i had the wrong person

i did comment on one of your challenges, however, the airbrush one and thought it was quite good. i just looked at the rest of your challenge gallery as well. all in all, you seem to have the skills necessary. and like most of us, there's a thing or two to learn yet, and i'm certainly no exception, so i'm not speaking from any lofty white tower looking down my nose your work looks good.

i think you could do it right now. dont ever wait till you're the absolute tops in the field. just jump in and give it a go. the market will answer your question for you more than i ever could. and trust me, 'mom and pop' have a lot less discerning eye than the folks here...for the most part, and will love to see their images cleaned up a bit. i did about 150 'clean ups' on some family reunion pictures and i was mediocre at best, but my folks loved them! now, they werent paying customers, but the point is, any cleanup is better than no cleanup.

besides, you've got the entire retouchpro site here to help you out and back you up on those troublesome images

Craig
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques