RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

"Doll-Like Pictures"

Old 09-24-2005, 06:06 PM

Thanks! I try... Has anyone else heard from Stacey? I have noticed that she pulled her photos as well as links to her site with the photos? Just curious, it actually makes me a little leary really. Anyone else notice?

~Amber~
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2005, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamypix
Thanks! I try... Has anyone else heard from Stacey? I have noticed that she pulled her photos as well as links to her site with the photos? Just curious, it actually makes me a little leary really. Anyone else notice?

~Amber~
Yup.

Maureen
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2005, 08:28 PM

I noticed she pulled the originals off her other post as well.... wondering why. I never got a chance to visit her site, anyone remember the url?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-26-2005, 04:48 AM

These child pageant threads always become peculiar, even when there seems to be no apparent reason!!

But seriously (well, not entirely...), how could you get cuter that the image above? No makeup required
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-26-2005, 08:05 AM

Caitlin,

I agree, she is an absolute doll without being all "pageantized". She has a gorgous smile, and big beautiful eyes. I'm not sure why they do the pageants the way they do because everything that I have learned about glamour and retouching has always been not to be obviously retouched, but it seems that pageants WANT it to look retouched? But either way, it's all a learning experiance.

Nan- www.stacej.com Here's the link to her site, but the doll like photos are no longer on her site. She may not have had the release to put the photos on the internet?

~Amber~
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-26-2005, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byRo
Pageant pics have always been a slippery topic around here but, please, let's not forget to respect each other..

There are a lot of mum's who want this service done;
There is a big market for this service;
There are talented professionals (including Amber) working in this area.

I do it for a side job. Thanks for your kind and very wise words.

Also, if someone has pulled samples off their site, they might be catching flak from parents or they were retouching photos w/out photographer permission, or possibly the photographer did not not want samples posted (I can only post from a couple of people, my big names will not allow me to show their work)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-26-2005, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamypix
Caitlin,

I agree, she is an absolute doll without being all "pageantized". She has a gorgous smile, and big beautiful eyes.
Actually I was talking about me!! (or at least me as a 2 yr old Avatar....) Sadly this little girl didn't have a lovely smile - another one has been pasted on top - I think the original with a rather sad grimace has been removed from the forum completely now. (*edit* I was thinking of another pic - didn't realise there were two - http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...10&postcount=4) Without the wig and other artifice she probably is a very beautiful girl.

I appreciate the comments about showing respect, and I didn't intend to comment, but I think it is fair to express a view when it is held strongly - and to me, coming from a country where this kind of thing would be seen as verging on child abuse, or at least rather twisted, I feel a responsibility to express that, just as someone would to racial segregation when it was seen as 'normal' in America. While I appreciate that mothers participate in such events with the best of intentions, that doesn't make it something that sits well with me.

Last edited by Caitlin; 09-26-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-26-2005, 11:10 PM

Not exactly my cup of tea either.....
Although I do take some comfort that, with competent retouchers, the pageant "look" can be applied after the photographer's click and not before.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-27-2005, 05:45 PM

Doll like pictures

Check out my updated touchup. Also dreamypix can you send me the rest of the steps?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-27-2005, 06:07 PM

Stacey-

I checked out your updated version of the touchup, and it is still too contrasty, I listed the steps to doing that in one of my previous posts. There is another thread going on called Pageant Enhancement- http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-retouching/11543-pageant-enhancement.html Grafx gives some great tips on smoothing/lightening the skin as well as pointers as to what is expected with Pageant photos. You might even look at her old posts, she's full of information since she is a pro in the field of pageant retouching. Everytime I try my hand at these I learn something new. Which steps are you interested in?

~Amber~
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques