Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Design Website

Old 01-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Definately a great site. Congratulations.
I think your site is an example to many about how to interest people in staying on a website and make them curious about what more you have to offer.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Very professional site indeed. However, even though it takes seconds I don't really care for fancy flash titles. Having flash on the screen while useful information is on the same page is great but I hate going to sites and waiting for the website name to pop up. I wouldn't mind having flash on my site but not as my title screen. That's just my personal opinion. Other than that, I think it's very clean and the work seems fantastic. I think you're off to a great start.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Having been a proffessional buyer for 20 years I know what I liked to find when shopping on a web site: an easy way to solve my need (problem) - pronto. I am shopping because somebody else needs something, yesterday... I want to see pricing and ordering information, info on turn around time, how to convey my requirements, how the product will be delivered, payment method, info on gaurantees, etc.

The good news: Nice work! Very innovative, entertaining and clean design.

The bad news: The fancy special effects may be a turn-off for repeat visitors. The animated graphics on the Home Page are hard to read and follow when first viewed. Remember, above all else, you are trying to sell your services. People want to be entertained, but not necessarily when they are looking to spend their hard earned money.

Work examples took too long to load on my dial-up connection. (Doesn't everyone have high-speed today?) About 30 seconds @ 33,000 bps. Try reducing # of colors, slicing, progressive, etc. Get smallest file size possible. Every pixel counts.
Typeface appears very fuzzy. Try anti-aliasing or smoothing if available. Also would suggest switching to a sans-serif typeface to compliment the overall design. Perhaps Tahoma.

Remember, you want people to give you their money for your products. Make that process as easy as possible for them and try to anticipate every question they may have. Then provide that information for them in a straight forward and readily accessible format.

Hope my rambling is of some use. Good luck.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks for all your comments, especially about the animations and graphics. I completely understand and agree though I think it's a fine line that has to be walked in order to create a satisfying web experience without having excessive time wasted on graphics and animation.

Right now I'm toying with creating two versions of the site: The regular Indelible site and a sort of "IndelibleExpress" site that gets to the point without excessive distractions. This way those with time can check out the regular site and those who have already seen the site or are not interested in browsing can go directly to the express site. I'll probably be a while before I move forward but I don't think the site is that bad as is and can hold up for a little while at least.

I'll post any changes when I get to them.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques