RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

What Do You Think?

Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 PM

What Do You Think?

Hi everyone, here is some samples of my work let me know what you think?

www.cyberdesigns.us

Last edited by Soul_Seeker_USA; 11-07-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2005, 03:44 PM

Hi Soul_seeker !

First of all Welcome to the RP forums !!

I am not a Pro but have seen quite retouching jobs in these forums to be able to judge a little, I think your results are very good, from what can be seen in such small images though. I especially like the little girl in white, I think you did a great job with that one.

Hope you can post more of your work later, have you visited the contests and challenges threads? you will see excellent examples of the work that is done here.

Regards - Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2005, 03:50 PM

The story behind the photo of the little girl in white:

My wife, Heather, Grandfather passed away last week and this is a photo of his mother the only one in existence, it is well over 125-150 years old not real sure I will ask the wife. I restored it so we can put a copy in the coffin with him and also give a copy to the rest of the family to have for a keepsake.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2005, 04:01 PM

How touching, I am sure your wife will be very happy with it. Thanks for sharing that.

Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2005, 04:05 PM

You did some exceptional work to replace the skirt. Retouching is one thing, but replacing is something else again.

I also like the lady and baby. That photo certainly had seen better days. You brought it back very nicely.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Seeker_USA
The story behind the photo of the little girl in white:

My wife, Heather, Grandfather passed away last week and this is a photo of his mother the only one in existence, it is well over 125-150 years old not real sure I will ask the wife. I restored it so we can put a copy in the coffin with him and also give a copy to the rest of the family to have for a keepsake.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2005, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthig
Hi Soul_seeker !
Hope you can post more of your work later, have you visited the contests and challenges threads? you will see excellent examples of the work that is done here.

Regards - Martha
I wish I could do some of the challenges but I have my hands full with my own challenges;-) I have many people that want me to do work for them, some even want to pay me!! I would love to get paid to do this, that would be a dream to do something I love so much and get paid to do it.

Nothing like taking an image that someone thought was trashed and restoring it and seeing the look on their face when you show it to them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2005, 06:56 PM

yup, the look is everything

two comments on the pictures: in the woman and baby the background is blown out over the woman's head. generally i agree with 'pure restoring', where you only bring the image back from ruin. but, in this case, i'd dull that bright white down to the rest of the background.

and two, generally, if there is writing on the image when you get it, then that is also part of the restore. naturally, the client's needs and wants would override that, but i always try to restore any writing that's been done also unless otherwise asked to leave it out.

so, both of those are actually preference items and there may be other considerations as to why you might have done it exactly as you did it, in which case, fine.

nice jobs on all three!

Craig

Last edited by Craig Walters; 11-09-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2005, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
yup, the look is everything

two comments on the pictures: the woman and baby the background is blown out over the woman's head. generally i agree with 'pure restoring', where you only bring the image back from ruin. but, in this case, i'd dull that bright white down to the rest of the background.

and two, generally, if there is writing on the image when you get it, then that is also part of the restore. naturally, the client's needs and wants would override that, but i always try to restore any writing that's been done also unless otherwise asked to leave it out.

so, both of those are actually preference items and there may be other considerations as to why you might have done it exactly as you did it, in which case, fine.

nice jobs on all three!

Craig
I agree with the writing but was informed to get rid of it so that is why I did;-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-07-2005, 07:18 PM

cool beans

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2005, 09:54 AM

Hello Soul Seeker:
I posted yesterday and do not know where it went??
I really think you did a wonderful job with your work. Especially the baby dress. It is so smooth no one would suspect!

I like to practice with the old pictures people post. It gives me something to practice on.

Could you please tell me how you got the little white gate behind the picture of the little girl Heather so straight and white. I am trying to use the clone tool to remove the stain within it and again trying to clone the gate?? . Also how did you replace the dress on the baby? I have an idea you may have cut and pasted the one good side then did a mirror? If not can you share how you did it? Thanks Neb
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques