RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Fun Christmas Photo

Old 12-08-2005, 10:53 AM

Fun Christmas Photo-comment

ditto on the creative idea! especially like the cat being added and its expression sets it off more so!

only suggestions to enhance the "reality" mom's hat needs to be sitting lower and further back on her head....dad does need a hat too this agree with the others on....I would even add one to the cat (small of course).

other thing on the cat would be in comparison to the others it would be an awfully big cat! think it needs to be smaller...check out the body sizes as compared to the cat (he's as big as the baby) unless it is a tiger! meow!!!!

I would even tone down some the transparencies perhaps..when you look at a photograph things shouldn't be as sharp in the background as in the foreground (make sense?)

hope this helps

happy holidays!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2005, 09:54 AM

Thanks for your feedback. I agree, the cat's a little big. However, I've already sent these out to 40 relatives. I'm glad I shared it with all of you first, as it gave me a chance to fix the obvious problems.

I'm really enjoying receiving family feedback.

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2005, 03:06 PM

Hi Ken: Wonderful finished card. I bet your family and friends are loving it. I wish you and your beautiful family a wonderful Merry Christmas.

I am off to try and create one of those letter Christmas cards. We have a slow and boreing life but we have 8 wonderful grandchildren who bring us happiness joy and fun times. I plan to start it with ..We Are Having A "GRAND" Christmas!
I will somehow add a picture of each grand with a little about each one of them. Any suggestions would be welcome . Thanks Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2005, 02:45 PM

Neb,

I like your idea already. Please post your work when you're done. Another idea I had (that might work for you?) would be an airborne shot of Santa's sleigh with all of the kids aboard. Best of luck!

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2005, 03:42 PM

Hi Ken..Wanna help ?? I am not good at this ..do you have a nice graphic or something..need room for 8 grands Wonderful Idea!! Neb
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2005, 10:33 PM

This is the general idea I had in mind (I know this looks horrible, but it's all I can do in 10 minutes. Yes, that's my cat) Perhaps you could find a sleigh and reindeer that are flying towards the viewer, so the passengers are facing the camera. This would bring the passengers directly to the foreground, so they would be bigger than my tiny "cat" image.

Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sleigh-idea.jpg (98.1 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques