Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Fashion Retouch

Old 12-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by NancyJ
The sand looks very soft, the girls in high heels should be skinking in more than the barefoot girl (from the position of the feet I'm guessing you've never tried walking accross a beach in stillettos ) I know you're probably trying to show off the shoes but they should be making more of an impact.
Also the candles arent casting any light on anything.
I agree with NancyJ. Standing "on top" of the sand with heels would be like walking on water.... doesn't happen! It would be more realistic if she was standing on something, she was in flates or heel was sunken.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2005, 10:46 PM
This was the art directors decision (to bleach the models). He wanted a very high contrasted look on all images of the series. Though i like this type of look, I think a more natural look would, no doubt, be better for this work. But, unfortunately it was not my call.
rutherford, ah, ok. yes, i thought the fourth picture would have looked better myself. maybe not as natural in lighting, but certainly a bit more aesthetically pleasing. i might add that a more contrasted look could have been obtained without the bleach effect. do a group selection around all the models at once and use an adj layer of contrast/lightness, perhaps. or a mask with a gradient around the models and do the same thing. just a thought.

i do like your workflow. the retouching and selection is very professional. i loved how you took out the extra wrinkles and folks in the girl's skirt. very nicely done.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2005, 05:57 AM
Smile thanks

Hi everyone!

Thanks a lot for all the comments! It is always nice to share work experience with you! Nancy J, please don't think i was upset with your comments, afte all, as you said, this is a critique forum and we all have different perceptions of an image based on our visual culture, references etc. i think that all of your comments just added to the thread and I would be honoured to have your posts anytime!

Meok, to smooth the wrinkles on the clothes i did the following:
I made a selection of the blouse and
created a clean layer on top of the model. With the bandaid too I cloned the blouse to the removing the shadow areas of the wrinkes. As a result I had a blouse without any volume and texture. I put this layer in normal 60% oppacity and placed a " film grain" pattern vinculated to it in overlay 30% oppacity (to restore texture and re move the blurry aspect). After this, on order to even the tone of the blouse, I picked the tone of the blouse and placed a colour 40% oppacity color fill layer on top of it. After this, it is juste a question of redrawing shadow areas and high light areas with curves on top of the phisical changes.

Once again, thanks to you all for the tips and opinions!

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Thanks a lot for the info on the technique. I like your retouching style,hope to see more work from you soon!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques