RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

x-mas present

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 12-09-2005, 04:03 PM
pawprints's Avatar
pawprints pawprints is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJ
I've shortened the lower half of her face and softened the edges of her lipstick, IMO this makes a big difference, she no longer has an exaggerated mouth and does your excellent brush work justice I think.

Nancy....Perfect! Now for the stupid question when you say you shortened the lower half of her face...I am new to PS so please be patient with me....what do you mean....I see the difference and like it.

Dee
Reply With Quote top
  #12  
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 PM
pawprints's Avatar
pawprints pawprints is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duv
Pawprints, I really like what you did! The pose is interesting. The low angle seems to elongate the face. Just a thought would be to rotate a bit to the left and perhaps Edit>Transform>Warp to give her face a slightly more rounded look.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave
Reply With Quote top
  #13  
Old 12-09-2005, 04:22 PM
NancyJ's Avatar
NancyJ NancyJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawprints
Nancy....Perfect! Now for the stupid question when you say you shortened the lower half of her face...I am new to PS so please be patient with me....what do you mean....I see the difference and like it.

Dee
I'm sure theres a much better way to do this but its not something I usually need to do so I just selected the bottom half with a rectangular marquee and scaled it but only in the height not the width. If you zoom in theres a 1px distortion accross the iamge where I did it but thats easily corrected.
Reply With Quote top
  #14  
Old 12-09-2005, 04:37 PM
pawprints's Avatar
pawprints pawprints is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJ
I'm sure theres a much better way to do this but its not something I usually need to do so I just selected the bottom half with a rectangular marquee and scaled it but only in the height not the width. If you zoom in theres a 1px distortion accross the iamge where I did it but thats easily corrected.

OK...I did the same thing however is there a scale key???
So, do you mean "squishing (how's that for a technical term)...that would resize the entire image...I tell you....I am sitting her with three PS book out....this is one tough program to learn!

Dee
Reply With Quote top
  #15  
Old 12-09-2005, 04:44 PM
NancyJ's Avatar
NancyJ NancyJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 729
OK, I used the rectangular marquee tool ( the one that makes a rectangular outline of 'marching ants' (dotted line) when you click and drag.
The went to edit->transform->scale
Then the marching ants should be solid and there should be 8 litle squares, one at each corner of the selection and one in the middle of each edge.
Then I clicked on the middle square of the bottom edge and dragged up until it looked right, then I clicked on the tick.

and thats about it. Hope none of that sounded patronising, I just wanted to make sure I was being clear.
Reply With Quote top
  #16  
Old 12-09-2005, 05:06 PM
pawprints's Avatar
pawprints pawprints is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJ
OK, I used the rectangular marquee tool ( the one that makes a rectangular outline of 'marching ants' (dotted line) when you click and drag.
The went to edit->transform->scale
Then the marching ants should be solid and there should be 8 litle squares, one at each corner of the selection and one in the middle of each edge.
Then I clicked on the middle square of the bottom edge and dragged up until it looked right, then I clicked on the tick.

and thats about it. Hope none of that sounded patronising, I just wanted to make sure I was being clear.

OK....Thank You
No, not at all patronsising....very helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg croppeddot.jpg (58.1 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote top
  #17  
Old 12-09-2005, 05:23 PM
NancyJ's Avatar
NancyJ NancyJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 729
You appear to have 'squished' the entire image, rather than just the lower half... I would select from just underneath the nose
Reply With Quote top
  #18  
Old 12-09-2005, 05:37 PM
pawprints's Avatar
pawprints pawprints is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJ
You appear to have 'squished' the entire image, rather than just the lower half... I would select from just underneath the nose

I fixed it...sat here thinking it still did not look right....thanks!
Reply With Quote top
  #19  
Old 12-09-2005, 05:37 PM
NancyJ's Avatar
NancyJ NancyJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 729
Glad to help
Reply With Quote top
  #20  
Old 12-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Vikki Vikki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 883
It's a bit overdone. I'd suggest layering your image over the original, and letting some of that show through, to soften the rework. Also, instead of reshaping her face (which she may find insulting), I'd try a different crop/rotation of the original. Here, I overlaid yours on the original (had to resize, so getting them aligned may be a bit off, but you'll get the idea).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dotorig[1].jpg (54.5 KB, 24 views)
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PHOTO ART: Mini-Challenge #07: The Birthday Present DannyRaphael Photo Art Mini-Challenges 94 12-28-2009 02:23 PM
Mother's Day present zekeode Critiques 4 04-30-2007 01:37 PM
A Christmas Present for the RTP Family rnbluvva Salon 16 12-21-2006 10:27 AM
How Do You Present Your Work? Jakaleena Work/Jobs 7 04-30-2002 05:54 AM
How do you present your work? Sanda Work/Jobs 3 04-12-2002 06:37 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved