RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Holiday Photo

Old 12-19-2005, 11:57 AM

Holiday Photo

Hi....I sooooo struggle with PS and painter.
Trying to learn both at the same time....to say I get easily confused with both is putting it mildly.
Anyway, every year I do a photograph for over the fireplace and for Holiday cards. This year while I started about two weeks ago....just finishing up now. Two of the dogs were photographed together...the two in the front were done on differant days....including one of the originals.
one day this will...I hope...become so very easy.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0042.JPG (96.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg snow4.jpg (88.4 KB, 67 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 01:40 PM

nice

pawprints nice picture looks fun, The only thing with things being easy is there isn't as much fun in it ( well that's what i think )

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1
pawprints nice picture looks fun, The only thing with things being easy is there isn't as much fun in it ( well that's what i think )

Palms

Thanks Palms1!
Yes...well I could use a little 'easy" when it comes to Photoshop....I find it to be a tough program...maybe just me???
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawprints
Yes...well I could use a little 'easy" when it comes to Photoshop....I find it to be a tough program...maybe just me???
No I think it is most people, and i don't think i have ever heard anyone saying they know it all and can do it all in photoshop. But the more you try the easier it gets honest

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2005, 12:26 AM

paws,

i like the overall composition and theme. however, the central focus, the dogs and sled, is a bit small relative to the rest of the image. a crop and resize would fix this, or you could just take the dogs/sled and resize and put them back in. but, very fun image

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2005, 07:00 AM

Cute photo. I might dink with the scarf on the front left dog...looks a little stiff. Maybe warp or waive it or something. NEAT.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2005, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
paws,

i like the overall composition and theme. however, the central focus, the dogs and sled, is a bit small relative to the rest of the image. a crop and resize would fix this, or you could just take the dogs/sled and resize and put them back in. but, very fun image

Craig
Hi Craig....yes I agree. It is being printed a 16x20 and I wanted it to have an enviromental look to it (picking it up today) and the cards I printed and cropped a little for the small size of the cards.
Painted it on an ornament as well and that is a close up of the sled and dogs.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2005, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrdm
Cute photo. I might dink with the scarf on the front left dog...looks a little stiff. Maybe warp or waive it or something. NEAT.

Thanks. I really did not know what to do with it. Too late though for it is being printed and the cards are complete. Tried having it go off to the side...looked funny....then tried having it wrapped and showing in the front a bit....then I would look at it and wonder why it was not moving....so end result....show it and hide hoping your eye would see it....but if any thought as to where it was....well it was behind the dog....I guess not <g>
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques