RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Extract Critique!

Old 04-05-2006, 01:32 AM

master1234,

you might want to look at this thread: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/software/10705-cut-out-plug-photoshop.html and yes, it does look impressive (as does the price).

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2006, 04:48 PM

After trying the F M free trial download there really is only one question

If you do a lot of masking of shots without distinct backgrounds - then how valuable is your time ?

To my mind what is clear is that all other cut out add ons, like mask Pro 3 and Knockout are no longer viable, regardless of price. Either continue with photoshop's inbuilt tools or get on board with FM.

For young, student or trainnees FM is the future, so my view is that it is better to get on board with it now.

F M is a professional high end tool and not designed for occasional hobbyists. So it is not a question of comparing prgrammes, there is no comparison, it is working out "who" you are, in the overall scheme of things.

(Those oldies who have invested hours perfecting other methods will be loathe to change, but for the next generation, choosing F M - its a no brainer).

It is expensive - but it is designed for professionals who value their time and quality of work. So keep any third party reviews in context, they often reflect more on the writer than the product.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2006, 04:50 PM

After trying the F M free trial download there really is only one question

If you do a lot of masking of shots without distinct backgrounds - then how valuable is your time ?

To my mind what is clear is that all other cut out add ons, like mask Pro 3 and Knockout are no longer viable, regardless of price. Either continue with photoshop's inbuilt tools or get on board with FM.

For young, student or trainnees FM is the future, - just see the "jigsaw" style interface to make the point - so my view is that it is better to get on board with it now.

F M is a professional high end tool and not designed for occasional hobbyists. So it is not a question of comparing prgrammes, there is no comparison, it is working out "who" you are, in the overall scheme of things.

(Those oldies who have invested hours perfecting other methods will be loathe to change, but for the next generation, choosing F M - its a no brainer).

It is expensive - but it is designed for professionals who value their time and quality of work. So keep any third party reviews in context, they often reflect more on the writer than the product.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2006, 10:51 AM

Did not find FM to be all that useful in the trial I did with it. Many other who I know tried it felt the same it does not give you any extra ability over what you can do in PS out the box.

KR1156 - Very nice extraction on the hair, looks like you are definitely getting your technique down.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2006, 02:54 PM

Has anyone used Primatte?

that's what I use and it works a lot faster for me than the extract tool in photoshop.
The background does have to be a different color than the subject, so it works best for chromakey type of work.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques