Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Laundry Day in Murano Italy - Painter 9.1

Old 02-04-2006, 01:43 AM

Laundry Day in Murano Italy - Painter 9.1

Title: "Landry Day in Murano"
Media: Digital (Painter 9.1)
Size: 2400 x 1800
Info: Acrylic "Thick Acrylic Bristle 30" brushes

I'm just learning Painter and how to use it with my stylus. My favorite medium is acrylic. So I kept my usual technique and tried to produce a digital painting in the same style as my non-digital paintings in acrylic. I was surprised that I was able to use exactly the same technique and the result looks like my non-digital paintings.

I'd like to get some feedback on this as I'm just getting started with painter.

Thanks,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: gif laundry-in-murano-hi-qualit.gif (82.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: gif laundry-in-murano-crop.gif (51.6 KB, 50 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2006, 09:50 AM

Location: Boyds, MD - about 30 miles outside of Washington, DC
Great start!

I love your use of color for this.....it's very fresh looking! And it really does "feel real", doesn't it? The size of your brush as compared to the size of your painting make it look like a very small painting, and done as a sketch; maybe 6 by 8 inches, in "real life." There's nothing wrong with that, I just mention it as something to keep in mind for when you get into making something that you'd maybe like to print and frame. Great start!

Kathy
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2006, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyNinMD
I love your use of color for this.....it's very fresh looking! And it really does "feel real", doesn't it? The size of your brush as compared to the size of your painting make it look like a very small painting, and done as a sketch; maybe 6 by 8 inches, in "real life." There's nothing wrong with that, I just mention it as something to keep in mind for when you get into making something that you'd maybe like to print and frame. Great start!

Kathy
Kathy - I hope you're still following this thread, I just received the notification after checking an old unused email account by accident!

I tried to do the painting with Painter as I do my real paintings in acrylic. I paint mainly small paintings, 8x10" is my favorite size. So it's interesting that you picked up on this. I often paint en plein air, and try to finish every painting in 1-2 hours. I find that keeps it fresh and a bit abstract.

Thanks for the comments, and you are very observative.

-Michael
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques