RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

First Try at Coloring a B&W

Old 04-14-2006, 12:59 AM

I have got a fairly good base with color but that is it. So in other words I know what the opposites are of each of the main colors. I use this alot. I know to reduce a color to get more of its opposite. The one thing that you mentioned is the use of the hue/sat adjustment. I never thought about using that. Stupid, I know but there are so many damn things you can use to accomplish the same thing that sometimes you just forget about one or another. The only thing that I think is wrong with yours and is the case obviously with mine is it's too red I think. I used the opacity on this version and I think I was able to cut down both the reds and yellows well. Let me know if you think it is still looking to made up. I did reduce the noise significantly as well. Anyhoo, here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MGC3b.jpg (98.6 KB, 31 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2006, 01:51 PM

ok, that looks better. just one thing (there's always just 'one more thing', isnt there ), when you paint, particularly with airbrush, always do it on a separate layer and when done, always check it over and erase the bits where you've painted 'outside the lines'. her glasses, in this case, seem to have been painted with the skin tone colors, but not erased.

hue/sat, channel mixer, or color balance would all have worked (not sure how many of those correspond in PS).

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2006, 02:47 PM

Craig,

All the color layers are done in separate layers. I used color adjustment layers so I could change the colors as well if I wanted. With the glasses, that was done on purpose. The color is actually different than the skin a little bit. Those glasses are clear and the color from her skin would show through the glasses. That's why it is in the glasses but a bit lighter. I think that is what you are talking about. Could you clarify if it isn't?

Isaac
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2006, 10:37 AM

Quote:
With the glasses, that was done on purpose. The color is actually different than the skin a little bit. Those glasses are clear and the color from her skin would show through the glasses.
ah, ok. in that case, good catch

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2006, 01:02 PM

her teeth look a bit grey to me :P
i still aint sure about the left eyebrow....looks like it might need a bit more color.

hope ur havin fun imann.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques