Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

My first post here

Old 05-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Thumbs down Kraellin

Corel has , basically the same options as PS, but I'm useing PS to print from on the PC. But I think I've got it with the photo, I have installed the printer on the laptop now (I was just too lazy to do it) and all seems to be printing fine with just a slight adjustment of lightness does look really well now.
All my thanks John
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2006, 10:16 AM
excellent! well done

corel and adobe seem to not like each other very much. i've seen issues on transfers before. not sure what's going on there.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2006, 07:42 AM

..just barging in ...

First I'd like to apologize for the confusion I created with the Ctrl+... Command ...
Originally Posted by Britsdad
Sorry to highjack this thread a little, but why is it I can't Ctrl + Alt + ~ to select the luminosity?
... to which you got the following answers:
Originally Posted by creeduk
woodbine the shortcut is shift+alt+ctrl+~
Originally Posted by Gary Richardson
Try Ctrl + Alt + Shift + ~ (depends on how your preferences are set up).
... PS default setting for this kind of selection includes the 'Shift' key ... but, as Gary rightly pointed out, you can change that in your 'Preferences' dialog box .... and 'changing' that by eliminating the need to press the 'Shift' Key, is what I've been doing since I started using PS ... (PS6!) ... so, I simply forgot to mention it... sorry .. ...

I'm very glad you are happy with your picture and that it printed well, but there is one thing I'd like to point out when 'toning down' the whites (point I made in my first post here...)... or the blacks ....

If the whites in your picture are 'pure' white (255) and the blacks are solid black (0) ... or both values you are working with are very close to these, you don't have any image information left in those areas ... meaning ... if you tone down those 'blacks' by tweaking the Levels Output value, (or using any other adjustment to that purpose... [btw, in CS2 you also have the 'Exposure' Adjustment which lets you correct a wrong exposure in one go!]...) you'll end up with solid 'dark grey' blocks ... Same thing with the whites which tend to become a 'muddy' looking grey ....

In these cases, this procedure will surely give you a technically better balanced image ... but not necessarily a better looking one ....

Adding a hint of colour to the 'toned down' areas might give you a much more natural result even in these extreme cases .... This Tutorial will show you how ...

Hope this helps ....

In my attachment, some of the 'pure white' areas in your picture ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNAP-014.jpg (96.7 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques