RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

Comments please

Old 06-28-2006, 10:09 AM

Comments please

Hi peeps, i've just manged to put some of my photography/retouching material online @ www.hishi.co.uk/portfolio. If you hit the photography link it will take you to the retouching section. You can navigate the pages by clicking in the page corners.
I would appreciate comments from y'all 'informed' minds re the quality of the images compared to industry standards, yadda, yadda....

Props to all, users & owners of this site, retouchpro is brill, more grease to all of your dry bits
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2006, 01:26 PM

Tula. Something wrong with the link. Clicking "Photography" doesn't do anything in my browser.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2006, 01:38 PM

I had to wait almost 3 minutes for the flash to load....but after it loaded I enjoyed your work. Specially the Greeting Cards section... Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula
Hi peeps, i've just manged to put some of my photography/retouching material online @ www.hishi.co.uk/portfolio. If you hit the photography link it will take you to the retouching section. You can navigate the pages by clicking in the page corners.
I would appreciate comments from y'all 'informed' minds re the quality of the images compared to industry standards, yadda, yadda....

Props to all, users & owners of this site, retouchpro is brill, more grease to all of
your dry bits
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2006, 04:40 AM

Thanks

Thanks fo those of y'all who did view d site the flash file has been duly amended & it should be a breeze to view. Thanks a mill
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2006, 05:13 AM

Great flash work, but have you taken into consideration that some people do not have flash on their pcs, so some may not be able to see your wonderful creation. Also one little itsy thing i think you should change, and that is, if you have a website you should have a website email address, sorry but having wisemice@aol.com really to me isn't professional, for one wisemice as nothing to do with the product you are selling.

Change your email address, maybe add a download link for flash, and then to me that is a nice site.

Maybe slow the flash down alittle it was abit wizzy, but superb work, love the flash work!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2006, 06:47 AM

I had a few people in the office look at your site. No one read the entire home page and as a result did not pick up on the "page corner" way of navigating through your images. As a result of using the navigation menu they could readily see (Home/Photo./Illus./Contact) they noted that the images were flipping by way to fast, that they could not pause the image to take a better look, etc. That being said, once I showed them the page corner thing, they quite enjoyed your site and it's content. You might want to make that reference/instruction to your "page corner" navigation stand out more. Just my humble opinion.

P.S.: I find that page turning thing you did excellent!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2006, 08:50 AM

Gratittude

Many thanks pple, all tips & suggestions will be taken on board...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2006, 02:41 PM

Well I have flash and his site page comes up blank with no clickable links. I'm using Mac OS 9.2.2, IE 5.17 and, no, I'm not going to plunk down another grand or 2 for an upgraded computer so I can run OS X and Safari or FireFox just to access this site.

If technology wants grab the public's pocket book in this manner they can just leave me out of it. There are so many other pro photographer's sites that I can access with ease and quickness without flash on my dialup.

Like this guy's:

http://www.josephholmes.com/
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques