RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Critiques The place to get serious, in-depth analysis and opinions of your work

PhotoshpMuseum.com | Please Advise!

Old 11-03-2006, 02:00 AM

Lightbulb PhotoshopMuseum.com | Please Advise!

Hi!
I'm the owner of the domains names PhotoshopMuseum.com & .org...
I bought this domains cause I think that I will live the rest of my life doing Photoshop or Graphic Art... So I thought of a 'Virtual Museum' for the best software ever made... [PS]
But I want to get married soon, and reality have sets in, I offered the domain to Mr. Scott Kelby, he answered me interested, but he told me that could be months before he can buy it from me [Pfft! a Bestseller author??? he answered me form his @mac.com's email ]
2 days later from Mr Kelby's city, someone came up from the midst and offered me just $500 dlls for the domain, at the beginning I said no, but then he threw in the deal a Wacom Intous 3 [6x11 Brand New] + a CS2 Suite Brand New and the $500 dlls cash... I think he's a Kelby's person, but I like the deal and no, cause well, sounds good, but since I'm getting married, I need the income...
I really was thinking to form a LLC for the domains and start a Museum with Digital, Commercial & Graphic Design...
So I really don't know what to do, need the money but I think it worth more than that... So what do you advise???

Last edited by arcadhia; 11-03-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2006, 09:16 AM

Re: PhotoshpMuseum.com | Please Advise!

A domain name is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. You may think it is a wonderful name and idea, but others may not. Scott Kelby has so many irons in the fire he may not have time or resources to establish and maintain a Photoshop Museum.

I don't get the joke about Kelby using his @mac.com address to answer you. Does that some how make his reply less valid?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Janitor

Re: PhotoshpMuseum.com | Please Advise!

Don't sell out of desperation (anything, ever). I have no idea if those domains are worth much, but $500 is not a lot for a good domain. You could make that back in a month with some good content and ads.

There are services that can auction your domain for you, I'd check those out if you really don't want to develop it yourself.

You might also want to contact Jeff Schewe or David Biedny or any number of others that could put such a domain to good use.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2006, 09:53 AM

Lightbulb Re: PhotoshopMuseum.com | Please Advise!

Hi Swampy!

No joke, he answered me from his @mac.com' email, I didn't know he got one... and Yes, he told me that by now he got too much on the table... maybe in the near future...
But about the worthiness of the domain...There are millions of Photoshop fans, users and experts! One of my favorites FLORA, she got talent for Photoshop! I would gladly put this domain at her service, and some other guys that I know from differents forums [CGTalk, Worth1000, Kjun.org] all of them use Photoshop, and for commercial Art, don't let me get started...

An you're from Florida too, Mmmh
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 AM

Re: PhotoshopMuseum.com | Please Advise!

And don't forget the 'Big Boss'
Doug Nelson... he make us this hobby a pleasure...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Critiques